Blonde d A'quitaine

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I purchased a small herd of 2 year old bred Blonde heifers last year. They all calved in January and not one prolasped or had any trouble birthing. I was very impressed with the results. I also have a bull that I am showing in the 4-H and he is very gentle. Some of the heifers I purchased are so gentle that you can walk right up to them in a field and they will not move. I am very impressed with the Blonde Association and with the breed. I like the muscling characteristics and the length. I just wanted to share my success with the breed with the board. I hope that more people would decide to purchase Blonde's in the future.

[email protected]

That's good to hear about the breed. Sounds like you're promoting them. I've been trying to get some Blondes, but none of the people in the association here in Western Kentucky seem to be interested in getting back in touch with me. In my opinion, that is bad promotion for the breed and VERY BAD BUSINESS in general.

> I purchased a small herd of 2 year
> old bred Blonde heifers last year.
> They all calved in January and not
> one prolasped or had any trouble
> birthing. I was very impressed
> with the results. I also have a
> bull that I am showing in the 4-H
> and he is very gentle. Some of the
> heifers I purchased are so gentle
> that you can walk right up to them
> in a field and they will not move.
> I am very impressed with the
> Blonde Association and with the
> breed. I like the muscling
> characteristics and the length. I
> just wanted to share my success
> with the breed with the board. I
> hope that more people would decide
> to purchase Blonde's in the
> future.

[email protected]

I cannot imagine that anyone that is in the business to sell Blondes would not want to deal with you but I am sorry to hear that. I have had no problems dealing with Pierre Livaudais in Folsom Louisiana. He is the treasurer of the Blonde Association ans his cattle buisness is fine. I sent three people to see him last year and they purchased several head and had no problems. If you are still interested in a blonde I can ask Pierre to work with you. He is very active promoting the breed.

[email protected]

Nice to here that of the Blondes, I have good references of this breed, to be better than Charolais as a Terminal breed, I'm thinking to buy some bulls to use next year with my commercial herd. I use to rotate Limos, Charolais and Simmental and maybe I will be adding Blondes.

> I purchased a small herd of 2 year
> old bred Blonde heifers last year.
> They all calved in January and not
> one prolasped or had any trouble
> birthing. I was very impressed
> with the results. I also have a
> bull that I am showing in the 4-H
> and he is very gentle. Some of the
> heifers I purchased are so gentle
> that you can walk right up to them
> in a field and they will not move.
> I am very impressed with the
> Blonde Association and with the
> breed. I like the muscling
> characteristics and the length. I
> just wanted to share my success
> with the breed with the board. I
> hope that more people would decide
> to purchase Blonde's in the
> future.

[email protected]

Actually, I am puzzled about it myself. The main headquarters was extremely prompt in sending me information, but the people I have e-mailed in my general area haven't got back to me in over a month. I have had the same experience with a Gelbvieh breeder I tried to contact here. I was simply trying to get information about their operations and sales/prices before deciding on who to do business with and before taking any further steps, but I haven't heard back from them to help decide anything. We are a small operation. Maybe that's it? Just not a big enough fish to be worth their time? Do you think a month is being impatient? I'm not going to call and beg for their cattle if they can't be courteous enough to respond to an email. May just go with Limousin or Angus.

> I cannot imagine that anyone that
> is in the business to sell Blondes
> would not want to deal with you
> but I am sorry to hear that. I
> have had no problems dealing with
> Pierre Livaudais in Folsom
> Louisiana. He is the treasurer of
> the Blonde Association ans his
> cattle buisness is fine. I sent
> three people to see him last year
> and they purchased several head
> and had no problems. If you are
> still interested in a blonde I can
> ask Pierre to work with you. He is
> very active promoting the breed.

[email protected]

I've been amazed at how slowly some breeders return emails and phone calls. As a matter of fact I emailed three herds last year to discuss purchasing some embryos from them. One herd replied within a day or two and the others never did reply. It is easy to determine who got our business.

If you need to wait more than a few days for a response that is too long. We are Gelbvieh seedstock suppliers and we make every effort to return calls and email the same day or the day after. I realize that sometimes folks may be away for several days in a row for vacation, to deliver bulls, or whatever, but most cattle producers don't have the luxury of being away from their cattle, their phone and their computer for a week, let alone a month.

I really don't think the fact that you are a small operation has anything to do with the breeders not calling or emailing you back. Most seedstock suppliers recognize that their bread and butter comes from the smaller operations who only buy a bull or a couple females at a time.

> Actually, I am puzzled about it
> myself. The main headquarters was
> extremely prompt in sending me
> information, but the people I have
> e-mailed in my general area
> haven't got back to me in over a
> month. I have had the same
> experience with a Gelbvieh breeder
> I tried to contact here. I was
> simply trying to get information
> about their operations and
> sales/prices before deciding on