Blocking Spam Calls on Cell Phone

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Anyone know of a reliable way to block spam calls on cell phones? I changed the setting on my phone to block any calls that are not in my contacts and it still lets them through??? Got 13 or 14 calls yesterday, and half a dozen or so already today. Is there an app or anything I can do to stop this nonsense?

Thanks.

Wish I knew! It's getting ridiculous. I just don't answer my phone if it's not a number I recognize and only take the time to delete all the robo-messages once a week. My warranty has expired, I'm qualified for a phenomenal loan, someone wants to buy my house and I currently have a warrant out for my arrest.

I think there are apps that you can download but I really haven't looked into them & not sure if there's a charge or annual fee.

I keep getting notified my Amazon account has issued a payment and they need to know if I was the one making the purchase. They are actually quit fun to deal with. They call me to inform me my account has possibly been "misused", but they want to know my account number. When I ask them how do they know my account got hacked if they don't know the number they usually hang up, but when I have time I just keep them on the line. Otherwise you folks would be getting more of those calls!! :)

By all accounts ROBO calls are going to increase significantly every day. Keep your contacts up to date. NEVER respond to a call from from an unknown # be it cell or landline...it tells the scammers they have a live one on the hook.

I keep getting notified my Amazon account has issued a payment and they need to know if I was the one making the purchase. They are actually quit fun to deal with. They call me to inform me my account has possibly been "misused", but they want to know my account number. When I ask them how do they know my account got hacked if they don't know the number they usually hang up, but when I have time I just keep them on the line. Otherwise you folks would be getting more of those calls!! :)
Many years ago I got into an email exchange with a scammer that wanted to send me 15 million to invest. I kept him on the hook for a couple of weeks telling him that we should invest it all in Avocados. My kids used to love to get home and check to see what his response was when I kept pressing the Avacado thing. Eventually, he got tired and went away.

The car warranty ones are my personal fave, most of them hang up when I tell them I drive a 1974 Ford Pinto.

I have fun with those also. I tell them I am so glad they called and that I really need help. I start listing them with an '84 Ford 3/4 ton diesel with 300K miles and the engine needs replaced as we speak. Then as I list a couple more they hang up. I had one call me a MFer!

The car warranty ones are my personal fave, most of them hang up when I tell them I drive a 1974 Ford Pinto.
Yeah, when they tell my my Kia warranty is going to expire... I tell them that I need to go out in the barn and see if she had died...
Or the one that asks what year vehicle that I drive because they can save me money on the extended warranty, and I said which one, and they say, oh you have more than one vehicle???? We can get you a good multi vehicle discount, what is the newest vehicle you own.... and I say a 94 ford ranger pick up,,,, and they stutter a bit and say is that the newest and I say yeah, my 86 ranger is older right???? and they hang up.....:unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The State Police call me all the time needing money. I tell them I am a Federal Agent and to not call back. It never works as they keep calling.

"Hi I'm Angie and I'm calling about the warranty that's about to expire on your 2008 Silverado"

That horse left the gate years ago...

The State Police call me all the time needing money. I tell them I am a Federal Agent and to not call back. It never works as they keep calling.
A little-known secret about those police fundraisers. They hire an outside company. The caller gets a cut and the owner of the service gets a cut then there are expenses. The Police fund gets about 25% or less.

Sometimes when my phone shows an unknown caller I just answer, "Kansas City police department, Sargent Friday, Homicide. Have you witnessed a murder, do you need to call 911, do I need to get someone there right away?"... Just keep asking questions. It doesn't take long for them to hang up. Then block the number. I don't want them calling back to rehear my story.

My cell phone is my business line for me and I need to answer it. I have caller ID $5 a month it think.
Rang yesterday said Colville Washington didn't recognize it but answered. Fish and game warden telling me someone was trespassing on my property turkey hunting! Always pays to answer it.

I know that mobile phones have made some things easier, but I sometimes miss the past. I remember the days when the only time a person got a call was when they were at home, which was usually in the evenings when they were near their house phone. If you worked a business, someone took calls for you; a person wasn't tied to answering a phone all the time.

For better or for worse, Google Pixels are great at blocking spam calls and messages and even screening calls from unknown numbers. Any more you can't even assume that it's not someone local just because it's not a local number, with phone number transportability the number could be from anywhere.

I was hoping someone had a good solution! I really dislike those calls. They are a huge waste of time. If I have time I will report the number to the "do not call list" https://www.donotcall.gov/report.html
I had a scammer call one day and before he got wound up in his spiel, I said do you realize I'm on the do not call list? He responded, do you realize I don't don't care?,and hung up on me . How rude!LOL.

Latest posts