bloating

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

we have 9 300 350 # calves they have been weaned about a month or so they get a five gallon bucket of crushed corn with med. supplements a day and a round bale of alfalfa hay. yesterday a calf bloated on us. why? can oak leaves in the water hurt anything? she made it through the night. we poured some ivory soap down her throat she started burping. i guess. we heard you can pour it on the corn to keep them from bloating is this true? is there any way to prevent this from happening again or a better fix.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

I know oak leaves themselves can be toxic. Go the the links page on my web site and you will find links to several sites that deal with poisonous plants.<p>Have you changed their feed recently? Moldy feed? Different type of hay? Antibiotics given recently? Anything that would upset the balance of microbes in their rumen?<p>I use Therabloat for the rare case of bloat we have, then feed probios to help restore the microbes needed for digestion.
<br>

If the oak trees have acorn's;they will cause cattle to bloat easily.: I know oak leaves themselves can be toxic. Go the the links page on my web site and you will find links to several sites that deal with poisonous plants.<p>: Have you changed their feed recently? Moldy feed? Different type of hay? Antibiotics given recently? Anything that would upset the balance of microbes in their rumen?<p>: I use Therabloat for the rare case of bloat we have, then feed probios to help restore the microbes needed for digestion. <p>
<br>

[email protected]