BLOAT REMEDIES

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

THERE IS A PRODUCT CALLED A BLOAT BLOCK THAT WORKS VERY WELL AND PROBABLY IS LESS EXPENSIVE THAN A SURGICAL PROCEDURE SUCH AS A RUMEN FISTULA. THE BLOCK CONTAINS PALOXALENE WHICH PREVENTS AND REMEDIES BLOAT. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT....RETAIL IS $15.00. <p><br>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

A bloat block is a good prevention for bloat but does not treat existing bloat. The animal needs to have daily access to the commonly used bloat prevention medication, poloxalene, either in block form or added to its feed. The cow must be on the medication for at least 2 days before you can depend on it for bloat prevention. The medication breaks the gas down into a foam that can be passed.
<br>

(User Above)":1h7zrfdk said:
: i beg to differ...my son has a show steer that bloats constantly and rather than administering rumalax boluses or mineral oil almost daily, i decided to place a block in his feeder.....needless to say i am convinced it is probably the best (hands off & low maintenance) approach.<p>
<br>

(User Above)":2xo5phr7 said:
: : i beg to differ...my son has a show steer that bloats constantly and rather than administering rumalax boluses or mineral oil almost daily, i decided to place a block in his feeder.....needless to say i am convinced it is probably the best (hands off & low maintenance) approach.<p><br>
<br>

I cannot know your situation except by what you post. <p>According to every veterinarian I have talked to on this subject, as well as every article I have read on this subject, the bloat block is preventing bloat in your steer, rather than treating it. Poloxalene is considered a preventative for bloat, rather than a treatment. If it is working for you, then stay with it. <p>
<br>
<ul><li><a href="http://www.murraygrey.com">Rafter L Murray Greys</a></ul>

Latest posts