BLK GV's mother and daughter with calves..

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Mother and her '09 heifer calf
IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

The calf is actually grey even though the dam is homo blk as the sire carries the diluter gene :? ..

Daughter and a Boo Boo bull calf
IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

There is another yearling, bred sister out here but I couldn't find her today and Lou Lou the 2 yr old was put down in April because of a broken leg.

Show-off

Pretty soon we are gonna have to rename this forum "Pimp my Gelbvieh"! :lol2:

I really like the grey heifer.

The Boo Boo calf was born April 20th and the only reason this happened was after I pulled my clean up bull the dam came into heat so I AI'd her WHY you might ask that I give her a chance ???????? She was born in July 05 and gave me a calf in March 07 and Feb '08 so yes she got a reprieve..

BTW we are suffering from the worst drought in 50 years and have been declared a disaster area . My girls are on a do or die regimen because we are in such dire straits that auction houses are turning cattle away. They are on what little pasture we have and no supps at all besides minerals and salt.. I am really proud of them all and how they are maintaining their own as well as raising incredible calves.

We finally got rain last night and it might be our saviour as well as the herd I have tried very hard to develop ..

Kenny, here black means nothing and yes she is a great calf and a definite keeper, I am already looking at prospects to AI her to next April.. Thanks for the comp. and with her attitude she already knows she is being kept around.. :lol2:

you have some fine looking pairs there.an they are doing their job raising their calves.

BTW we are suffering from the worst drought in 50 years and have been declared a disaster area

I lived in Alberta 2002/2003. There was drought then. Has it been ongoing since then?

Andrew

townfarmer":3mq3pk17 said:
BTW we are suffering from the worst drought in 50 years and have been declared a disaster area

I lived in Alberta 2002/2003. There was drought then. Has it been ongoing since then?

Andrew

No Andrew, and the drought in 02/03 was not like this year at all as we had no snow precip hardly at all. BUT we are getting some rain now so let's hope that we still are not seeing the worst drought in 50 years at the end of it. Thank God for the Calgary Stampede as it always seems to bring us rain.. :D

Latest posts