Blizzard

Help Support CattleToday:

Oh my gosh ,I am in shock. I couldn't live up ya'lls way. I like to look at snow ,but that's it. I know listening to the news tonight. It is suppose to real windy here and severe thunder storms.
Stay warm and safe and I'm glad to hear your animals made it .

As to the equipment we use; part of the reason that we make a good profit on cattle is that we don't buy expensive equipment. We buy what we need, and try to stay away from overspending. This holds true with our tractors as well. Digging out with a 1970 Ford 5000 tractor (Our "newest" tractor), with a DuAll loader. No 4 wheel drive, no cab. At least it wasn't 40 below, the weather was in the 30's but the wind was relentless.

A few weeks ago we had 4 or 5 inches and the wind took it all off the fields and filled up the roads and low spots on our place, buried the feed truck in a 35" drift. Judging by the field behind your truck it looks like the same happened to you, only on a much worse scale. Best of luck getting things straight. That moisture will be good in the long run.

TheBullLady":24oy5zx9 said:
Wow.. it's hard to believe you folks are still getting that kind of weather so late in the year!

Actually, it's fairly common for this area. Depending on the year, some of our worst weather has hit the end of March or during the month of April. Remember that old saying about March coming in like a lamb, and going out like a lion? This winter has been unusually mild, and we knew we weren't going to escape it completely.

grubbie":vcmo6ih0 said:
As to the equipment we use; part of the reason that we make a good profit on cattle is that we don't buy expensive equipment. We buy what we need, and try to stay away from overspending. This holds true with our tractors as well. Digging out with a 1970 Ford 5000 tractor (Our "newest" tractor), with a DuAll loader. No 4 wheel drive, no cab. At least it wasn't 40 below, the weather was in the 30's but the wind was relentless.
Hat is off to you! :tiphat: Sure am glad your animals made it thru and hope you get relief soon.

Man Just looking at that picture my bones are aching. To a Louisiana boy that looks like another planet.
I am So happy to hear your stock made out and all is well.
God bless you guys up there!

great news.....i dont think we would be as fortunite with something like that here....and too calve during it.. :shock: not a chance