Blizzard

Help Support CattleToday:

ArrowHBrand

Reaction score
We are in a blizzard right now, literally. When I got up this morning it was snowing to beat the band and the wind was about 25 mph which wasn't bad, only slight drifting across the road. Had to go to work this morning to get a barn ready for pigs, but got home before noon. Now it's really snowing and the wind has kicked up to about 50 mph. Horses are in the barn and have done one last check for the night. Theres a drift taller than the snow fence I put up and now its across the driveway almost to the top of my tailgate on my truck. I'm not planning on going to work tomorrow, but I'll still get up at the same time to make sure the horses are alright and get some snow moved so we can get out.

So............ curious minds want to know. To those of you that get blizzarded in, what do you do when you can't work on the snowed in day???

Might have a blizzard down this way one day. :lol2:

grannysoo said:
So............ curious minds want to know. To those of you that get blizzarded in, what do you do when you can't work on the snowed in day???
quote]

There are a lot of babies born nine months later... :cowboy:

Good one hillsdown :lol2:

We spend most of the next day digging out, so the bus can get in and so we can feed the cattle. Have dug the feed bunks out more this year that we have in the last 5 years combined. Getting sick of that, but at least we will have water this summer.

heres hoping yall survive the blizzard.im sure alot of babies are born 9 months later.because thats the only thing you can do inside.

grannysoo":1n6zitx6 said:

Might have a blizzard down this way one day. :lol2:

Well, the 125 HP tractor with the 9 foot wide snowblower on the back and the 8 foot wide bucket on the front gets plugged in the night before and goes to work early so others can get out.

Cheers

Bez+

Yep, the next day is spent digging out. My wife and I are fortunate enough to be able to work from home if we have too doing paperwork, purchase req's, goal reviews, etc. The day after the blizzard I woke up to do chores in air temp of -25 and a windchill of -45. That lasted all week and today it finally got up to 20 ABOVE zero but the wind blew 30-50 mph. Tell you what, I'm getting mighty sick of this winter thing.

Latest posts