Blizzard Food

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett":1pwfbv7z said:
chrisy":1pwfbv7z said:
I know what taters are but what are maters??????

Sorry Chrisy, I forget some of this hick slang isn't understood all over this big world. :D

maters are tomatoes

Thanks for that we call Tomatoes, Tommies,
the other question has been answered Gravy cubes are bullion cubes.
250px-Oxo_cubes.jpg

Wisteria Farms":12blr0dq said:
Thick potato soup.. made with half & half, bacon, green onion, velvetta cheese.. and don't forget the loaf of fresh french bread with REAL butter. Now that's a supper!
Blizzardy and blustery today, made up some cream of potato soup but didn't have any bacon or ham just made it with a bit of onion and some sharp cheese. Warmed me right up....

That stew sounds pretty darn good. During the ice storm in '98 up here we had to eat frosted cheerios for a week...we had no power and had no way of getting the the store. We kept the milk out in the snow bank. I haven't been able to eat frosted cheerios since.

CKC1586":2wp6uti8 said:
Wisteria Farms":2wp6uti8 said:
Thick potato soup.. made with half & half, bacon, green onion, velvetta cheese.. and don't forget the loaf of fresh french bread with REAL butter. Now that's a supper!
Blizzardy and blustery today, made up some cream of potato soup but didn't have any bacon or ham just made it with a bit of onion and some sharp cheese. Warmed me right up....
Well, its about time somebody stood up for my tater soup.... guess because I was raised on it, its just one of those things that comes to mind when you need something to warm your insides. I could eat my weight in the stuff (as long as there's the bread for dippin).

I 2nd the suggestion of clam chowda! Great stuff. Really any 'Cream of _________" soup is really good in winter. :cowboy:

If the blizzard is severe enough, anything you happen to have in the house is great. If you lose power and don;t have a generator, a mix of the various meats in the freezer is always a delight

Last of the pea soup was eaten last night, the chicken stew went the night before, tonight its meat loaf and squash.
Got three feet and it has just stopped snowing until Wednesday. Our son is shoveling the path to the barn and chicken house again. I sometimes wonder why I left Arizona..looking forward to being a snowbird.
Dmc

baxter78":1gmialwl said:
Wisteria Farms":1gmialwl said:
Now that is some nastiness except for the french bread with butter.
You're crazy! I was reading that and I thought "Man o Man ~ where's a blizzard when I need one....?" That sounds fantastic!! :nod: We had meat loaf for the first blizzard, then beef roast with potatoes, cabbage and carrots with the second. For sure it is the food of blizzards. Anything in the oven to help keep the kitchen warm when you first come in.

It is currently Christmas Vacation. I am thinking of creative ways to prepare my 2 youngest children. :help: :mad: :(

angie":3j8iy215 said:
baxter78":3j8iy215 said:
Wisteria Farms":3j8iy215 said:
Now that is some nastiness except for the french bread with butter.
You're crazy! I was reading that and I thought "Man o Man ~ where's a blizzard when I need one....?" That sounds fantastic!! :nod: We had meat loaf for the first blizzard, then beef roast with potatoes, cabbage and carrots with the second. For sure it is the food of blizzards. Anything in the oven to help keep the kitchen warm when you first come in.

It is currently Christmas Vacation. I am thinking of creative ways to prepare my 2 youngest children. :help: :mad: :(

spit roast on a low bbq.... :help: :nod: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I came home tonight to find my youngest had blocked the kitchen sink with melted butter, just what you need two days before Christmas...Lucky my Hubby is a handy man.

Latest posts