Blessings Box

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd":39eidg1h said:
Might be time to set up some light manufacturing in the area mentioned. Sewing rooms like we had in the fifties and the sixtys. I would think that a lot of women would work there they could be taught to sew silk ties as one example. The manufacturing could be subsidized. Have day care there by the sewing room. Might instill in the young ones that mom works and I want to work like mom.
Our POTUS is working on it, he's the first one in along time that wants to make non government jobs for the working folks.

Bestoutwest":1gvypkgg said:
ddd75":1gvypkgg said:
they have kitchens that'll feed 3 meals a day here for free.. also several food banks and other things that give these people all the free food they need.. on top of the welfare of 800+/m that they trade for drugs and cigs.

Yes, everyone is bad. Everyone is out to get your money for free. The world is full of losers. Thankfully, you've ridden the turd to the top of the punch bowl. How do you make it through your day being so awesome and everyone else so bad?

not all are bad but the vast majority are.

I just tell it like it is.. Sorry the truth upsets you so much.

ddd75":3l9ohv6e said:
Bestoutwest":3l9ohv6e said:
ddd75":3l9ohv6e said:
they have kitchens that'll feed 3 meals a day here for free.. also several food banks and other things that give these people all the free food they need.. on top of the welfare of 800+/m that they trade for drugs and cigs.

Yes, everyone is bad. Everyone is out to get your money for free. The world is full of losers. Thankfully, you've ridden the turd to the top of the punch bowl. How do you make it through your day being so awesome and everyone else so bad?

Welfare myths: https://groundswell.org/7-lies-about-we ... -are-fact/

True Grit Farms":2jzwo6ho said:
hurleyjd":2jzwo6ho said:
Might be time to set up some light manufacturing in the area mentioned. Sewing rooms like we had in the fifties and the sixtys. I would think that a lot of women would work there they could be taught to sew silk ties as one example. The manufacturing could be subsidized. Have day care there by the sewing room. Might instill in the young ones that mom works and I want to work like mom.
Our POTUS is working on it, he's the first one in along time that wants to make non government jobs for the working folks.

Do you have any numbers of the amount of people that depends on government jobs directly or indirectly. From the city level all the way to top of the federal government. I have no idea how many but would like to know.

I like how you list a "disability" as an excuse..

I had a great aunt parallelized from polio from the waste down.. she worked in factory for 30 years.

I've met farmers who don't even have legs and they are still out working every single day.

one of my workers gets state money for being "mentally retarded" and yet he still gets out and works every day with me.

No matter your disability or how bad your life has been, you can find useful, meaningful work, volunteer, etc.

Maybe you can get off your high horse and get down to the real world, and quit giving these people an excuse to be a lazy, dirty, ungrateful leach.

Hurley.. I see your BS link abuot welfare.. I don't think you or many people understand the actual system. Welfare is just 1 little tiny staple of the system. It just gives people money for groceries.. most of who trade that for actual cash.

Social security is the major game player in this environment and pays these people usually around 550 - 800 / m per kid. On top of that state aid in the form of housing vouchers, section 8, etc. for housing. Other programs like free meals, free phones, reduced or 0 electric bills and paid heating for winter.

The programs are endless, the help is endless.

Quick example:
I have houses in one town, where a 4 bedroom, a housing voucher will cover $1800.00 / month rent. These people came in with their 4 kids.. No one worked but with SS they had a combined 3k+ in income. Plus the 1800/ rent voucher. On top of other aids.

This is not just 1 example but every example. I'm sure you people don't see what people make, how much, where it comes from ..etc.. But I do. I see it daily.

True Grit Farms":1nk84chr said:
hurleyjd":1nk84chr said:

IMO, I think he is dishonest and I truly believe he is underpinned by Russia. Being balanced, I also believe he does want America to be more competitive and will work to bring back more good jobs not just service economy jobs but good manufacturing jobs. In the balance, if he can improve our economy, I won't be disappointed.

Bright Raven":1qn9pc86 said:
Ky hills":1qn9pc86 said:
True Grit Farms":1qn9pc86 said:
Have you ever delivered Thanksgiving, Christmas meals, care packages and toys to the ghetto? I have and still do, there's kids running around with very little for clothes and shoes, while some adults are sitting around smoking dope of all kinds. The thing that has surprised me the most is I've never had a single problem. We can do more good for the kids by feeding them at the schools and civic centers. I think the school cafeteria should be open year round to feed the kids, disabled and elderly. Give all kids a chance, once they become adults screw them if they won't work.

Here they offer breakfast as well as lunches during school times and then there are certain schools and stations set up to feed during the time that school isn't in session in the summer. I agree that the children are the best generations to "break the cycle", however through working with church mission groups I have seen a lot of heartbreaking situations. There needs to be some kind of education of personal responsibility and accountability for children to learn along with the traditional subjects. Children who are born into these generational circumstances often have no glimpse of any other lifestyles, and it's hard to change a way of life without support of family and friends. Often families are not supportive because it shines a light on their life choices as well. I know many adults my age and younger who really struggle with addictions and tragedies associated with their life choices. Many of them are parents and the cycle continues.

Amen! You described it so well, the cycle I see in our state.

The ones that I hear complaining (I don't mean on the forum, but our fellow Kentuckians) obviously see the cycle. Complaining is not going to fix it. I suspect there are some that rise above it but most never do.

I hate to say this but these people are certainly not blessed with native intelligence. The children do horrible in school. Some of these people barely have communication skills. Drugs, alcohol, tobacco use and Obesity are major problems.

You are right BR, there is a lack of skill, among many of the folks. I can speak from first hand observations in this county and several east of here. It seems to be an unfortunate reality that many who are or have become " well to do" are very quick to lament or complain about those who are not. The way I see it many can not help their situations because they were born into it, generation after generation. I have seen a few rise above but it can be extremely difficult. Education is in my mind a major difference maker, but only useful if a student takes advantage of it and the opportunities that accompany it. So many parents don't see the importance of school and don't care if the children go or not much less what they accomplish while there. It becomes basically a daycare or warehouse instead of a learning institution all the way through high school. I believe that this scenario is hurting students who try to learn because teachers cannot just teach instead they are constantly dealing with lack of discipline from a percentage of students. I attribute drugs, alcohol, as a major factor in perpetuating the problems. I have recently come to see tobacco as a gateway into the other as well.So many in those circumstances spend so much on cigarettes, rather than on beneficial things for children. Then in turn children start smoking or chewing at very early ages in plain sight of parents.

ddd75":cbvz3l90 said:

I had a great aunt parallelized from polio from the waste down.. she worked in factory for 30 years.

I've met farmers who don't even have legs and they are still out working every single day.

one of my workers gets state money for being "mentally retarded" and yet he still gets out and works every day with me.

No matter your disability or how bad your life has been, you can find useful, meaningful work, volunteer, etc.

Maybe you can get off your high horse and get down to the real world, and quit giving these people an excuse to be a lazy, dirty, ungrateful leach

Hurley.. I see your BS link abuot welfare.. I don't think you or many people understand the actual system. Welfare is just 1 little tiny staple of the system. It just gives people money for groceries.. most of who trade that for actual cash.

Social security is the major game player in this environment and pays these people usually around 550 - 800 / m per kid. On top of that state aid in the form of housing vouchers, section 8, etc. for housing. Other programs like free meals, free phones, reduced or 0 electric bills and paid heating for winter.

Quick example:
I have houses in one town, where a 4 bedroom, a housing voucher will cover $1800.00 / month rent. These people came in with their 4 kids.. No one worked but with SS they had a combined 3k+ in income. Plus the 1800/ rent voucher. On top of other aids.

This is not just 1 example but every example. I'm sure you people don't see what people make, how much, where it comes from ..etc.. But I do. I see it daily.

So could you get $1800 for your house without the welfare leeches you so scorn. So you are trying Fred Trumps way to become a millionaire. You are such a person that bites the hand that feeds you. So these people go to the store and buy groceries with their EBT card and the turn around and sell it. Your argument makes no sense at all.

ddd75":1yeevm1t said:
Bestoutwest":1yeevm1t said:
ddd75":1yeevm1t said:

we must be riding the same turd..you get tired holler,I'll paddle awhile. :cowboy:

hurleyjd":g05wuics said:
ddd75":g05wuics said:

Maybe you can get off your high horse and get down to the real world, and quit giving these people an excuse to be a lazy, dirty, ungrateful leach

Quick example:

So could you get $1800 for your house without the welfare leeches you so scorn. So you are trying Fred Trumps way to become a millionaire. You are such a person that bites the hand that feeds you. So these people go to the store and buy groceries with their EBT card and the turn around and sell it. Your argument makes no sense at all.

Yes there are some that do purchase with the cards and sell it. That was and may still be an issue in this area. Folks were buying large amounts of soda pop and then reselling it. It was locally called the pop train, made the news. As I understand it there were measures taken to prevent, but as with most things some folks can figure out ways to get around almost anything. I am in no way against helping those who are in legitamate need, but no spin the system is being abused.

We've got a few pantries here in this Texas County. Although one or two have been completely cleaned out, they work surprisingly well. Impressive. They are sort of tucked away, as much as possible on public locations, to maintain the dignity of the folks who use them. Just enough exposure to ensure they are not vandalized. The ones that were cleaned out that time left people in need doing without. They get a lot of support and are very well maintained by volunteer labor. Stores provide significant discounts to those making purchases.

Seems like a win win 99 percent of the time.

Latest posts