Bless his heart

Help Support CattleToday:

031403k.jpg

M5, wonder if that fella knows this girl or guy .... not really sure which it is.

Many a bad decision in this picture.

10389341_1545371572427403_779585657159337641_n.jpg

Church I attend is fairly conservative and the biggest church in the county. There is six people on the pastor end of the staff. A couple months ago they announced the hiring of a new youth pastor to work with Jr. high and high school kids. He was raised in this church as was his wife. Both sets of parents are pretty active in the church. After a month or so I happened to be close to him in the lobby. Nothing hanging from his ears but both ear lobs have a hole in them you could pass a pencil through without touching. Probably a good thing he has family involved here. I can think of a lot of churches where he might not get hired.

Rafter S I agree about the tattoos. My wife says these young girls need to realize that their artwork won't look too good in a decade or two because "that canvas won't stay tight".[/quote said:
I think they can just go back and get a bigger or darker one over the top. :idea:

Jogeephus":1kzmqo3u said:
I'd have to be dead drunk, passed out, and toted in the parlor by some friends who would be getting an azz whooping the next day.

I'm with you there. I hate needles. I had blood draws daily for 2 weeks, and probably 10 to 12 attempts at placing an IV catheter last month. One of the guys they call when everyone else fails said I had thick skin. I said, I credit my wife for that. :)

A small incision got infected down deep after I got home. Surgeon said she'd probably open it back up and pack it with gauze till it healed. So I opened back up- couple centimeters. My wife was all kinds of upset with me. I told her, I'm too pretty to go jail. I got my strength back and if one more student or trainee misses placing an IV or blood draw....

Neighbor went out with his buds to celebrate his birthay. Came home late and dropped his pants to proudly show the wife his first tat. She had a melt down. :mad:

He sobered up the next day and shared that it was really a stick on. :nod:

Recently talking to a store employee who had something written on her forearm. At first I thought it was cheat notes for a test that she forgot to wash off before going to work.
I said something about it and she showed me what it was.

She and her siblings all were born or lived at the same place.
The tattoo was the latitude and longitude. I had never seen that one before.

True story:

Very early '77 I was a rookie with the county seat PD and was still riding with an FTO (field training officer). We had the occasion to happen upon a drunk fellow that we arrested. He was known to everyone as he was pretty much a regular, but no one told me. We get to book-in and I get the honors. I grab the paperwork and I'm trying to be very professional and all. When I get to the tattoos box I ask him about them and he started naming them off. When he's finished my FTO says "don't let him fool you, he's got another one". I asked him about that one and he says there's a fly on the end of his penis. Penis? He says yeah, when I get excited it turns into an eagle! Ha ha jokes on me and they didn't let up on me for another week or so.

Ryder":9lr3sdsn said:
Recently talking to a store employee who had something written on her forearm. At first I thought it was cheat notes for a test that she forgot to wash off before going to work.
I said something about it and she showed me what it was.

She and her siblings all were born or lived at the same place.
The tattoo was the latitude and longitude. I had never seen that one before.

Ok, if that one was smallish, that is actually just a little bit cool, and a nice sentiment (at least to those of us in families where A's not talking to B who's on the outs with C who can't abide D...).

I always thought bulls had nose rings. Maybe that's a way the weirdos communicate with one another. Like just another rain rainbow flag type of deal, or a bull trolling for a cow. IDK

There is a young lady (mid 20's) in town that manages one of the local businesses and she is literally covered in tattoos, gauges in her ears & even has her dimples pierced. And yet, she is one of the nicest people you will ever meet, very close to her family, doesn't go out & party & saved for 2 years to buy her 1st house, including improvements. I will never understand that form of self expression but I do respect her.

True Grit Farms":3gdvlty1 said:
I always thought bulls had nose rings. Maybe that's a way the weirdos communicate with one another. Like just another rain rainbow flag type of deal, or a bull trolling for a cow. IDK
Each generation has its way of rebelling.
I don't get the self mutilation.
Or I am entitled to live off my parents and they supply the essentials of life while I rebel and blow my money. There are still good kids out there as a society we are failing in the parental department.
My generation you got out of school you got out of the house go get on your own.
Sure will change your view of the world and politics if you have to earn what you have.

Caustic Burno":46wluqwb said:
True Grit Farms":46wluqwb said:
Each generation has its way of rebelling.
I don't get the self mutilation.
Or I am entitled to live off my parents and they supply the essentials of life while I rebel and blow my money. There are still good kids out there as a society we are failing in the parental department.
My generation you got out of school you got out of the house go get on your own.
Sure will change your view of the world and politics if you have to earn what you have.

Psychologically speaking, there are some studies that correlate forms of self mutilation (excessive tattoo and piercing) to decreased self worth. Apparently, they just don't feel that good about themselves/place value on themselves. I'm sure some do it for the attention and reaction.....and some just do it because they "enjoy" it. Working in healthcare, seeing what folks do to their faces is bad enough but seeing some of the things they do to their reproductive gear is downright frightening sometimes.

Had a fellow tell me once it actually became an addiction to him as well as a "sexual" experience. :roll: :shock: BTW I have none.

Jogeephus":qcc5i8lh said:
My wife ordered pizza and I went and picked it up. Guy who waited on me had those Oreo things in his ear but I was quite impressed that the pizza chain he worked for made him hide these hideous things with tape. Granted he looked rather stupid but at least I didn't have to see his "expression of one's self". Anyhow, my bill came to $10.11. I handed him a ten dollar bill, a quarter and a penny and guess what he did after a dumb puzzled look came across his face?
Yep, you guessed it you profiling non-politically correct person you! Yes, he had to pull out a calculator to figure the change. I wonder if he realizes that if this pizza joint isn't too happy with his ear doings he's going to have a heck of a time when he tries to find a job that is more career oriented.

Due to his ear mutilation, I agree he was a nut; however, I would have given you back 15 pennies just for spite. I'll spare you, but I have my own little rant about this kind of thing. :D

Latest posts