Blaze Sells

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
I listed my September Broadway Bull calf yesterday afternoon. A local Producer bought him at 10 AM today for full asking price.

Broadway does not have good CE or BW EPDs. The buyer had no concerns and was well informed on Broadway's numbers. He liked the blaze. Those blaze faces are selling!

2wnrb7n.jpg

Bright Raven":hgbtyau4 said:
I listed my September Broadway Bull calf yesterday afternoon. A local Producer bought him at 10 AM today for full asking price.

Broadway does not have good CE or BW EPDs. The buyer had no concerns and was well informed on Broadway's numbers. He liked the blaze. Those blaze faces are selling!

2wnrb7n.jpg

Congratulations on the sale. I saw the advertisement yesterday, great looking bulls. :tiphat:

Ky hills":2ayzsl2y said:
Bright Raven":2ayzsl2y said:

2wnrb7n.jpg

Congratulations on the sale. I saw the advertisement yesterday, great looking bulls. :tiphat:

A guy who runs a big operation - not a hobby farmer like me, LOL - over at Carlisle bought him.

Bright Raven":3ehldg1r said:
Ky hills":3ehldg1r said:
Bright Raven":3ehldg1r said:

2wnrb7n.jpg

A guy who runs a big operation - not a hobby farmer like me, LOL - over at Carlisle bought him.

Good cattle are still good cattle whether it is a hobby or main source of income. Those bulls don't care if they are a hobby or not they got a job to do the same as if they came out of contemporary group of 300.

Ky hills":2ol9gxzi said:
Bright Raven":2ol9gxzi said:
Ky hills":2ol9gxzi said:

Good cattle are still good cattle whether it is a hobby or main source of income. Those bulls don't care if they are a hobby or not they got a job to do the same as if they came out of contemporary group of 300.

Thanks Bill. I enjoy my cattle. I actually will miss this guy. He is a pretty animal to look at.

Nice bull Ron. He would be good in most herds. It is like those PB breeders that say a bull isn't a good bull for a registered herd but is a great commercial bull. If a bull is good he is good and if he is sorry he is sorry. The herd he is being used in has nothing to do with his quality. This bull would be good regardless of what color he was or what herd he was used in.

He looks good Ron.

My daughter has a Broadway calf that is going to a carcass contest tomorrow. Will have pictures next Friday when they are judged on the rail. Gained 3lbs a day. I like those kind of cattle.

Ron, Congrats! He's a fine looking young bull. Yeah many of folks like those blaze faces. Some folks will even pass on a nicer solid color bull in the lot just to get the one with that white streak. Got a few fellers I need to wean whom are looking pretty darn good they're just solid black though.

If you're going to pay good money for an animal and pay good money to take care of him, you might as well enjoy looking at him in the pasture! He's a sharp looking bull!. How many months is he?

I think part of it is that you get that good commercial look with EPD's to give you an idea how they should produce. Good looking bull, and congrats on the sale!

NonTypicalCPA":1i3p1ep3 said:
If you're going to pay good money for an animal and pay good money to take care of him, you might as well enjoy looking at him in the pasture! He's a sharp looking bull!. How many months is he?

Thank you. 10 months old.

Bright Raven":fae7dzh3 said:
I listed my September Broadway Bull calf yesterday afternoon. A local Producer bought him....

2wnrb7n.jpg
Good looking bull for a September calf.

p.s.
Login problems (error message ect when I'd try) have kept me from logging in for well over 2 weeks.
Could only view posts as a visitor, anyway for those that sent pm's wondering what's up it worked tonight,
so guess I'll be back to share in the wisdom in the next day or two.

Latest posts