Blast from the past

Help Support CattleToday:

Good to see you post again as I miss your garden posting. It has been a crazy year.

Jltrent last garden season was the worst I ever had. How was yours? I promise I will post it this year. It has been a crazy year hows things down there?

Good to hear from you. I'm glad things are working well with the hay and hogs.
How was your hunting season down there ? Quiet here except for the nice nine point my son got.

Jltrent last garden season was the worst I ever had. How was yours? I promise I will post it this year. It has been a crazy year hows things down there?
Probably had the worst garden in 10 years. Had plenty of rain, but finding good seed is hard as a lot did not come up. Everything else is fine so far.

Glad to see you back!!!!! Was just wondering the other day how things were going and missing your posts. Best thing for you to be in the meat business.... it is crazy to get a kill date anywhere in less than a year..,..

Ken hows things your way? Yea thats a good thing. Hows your cattle?
I'm getting older and slower Sky but doing pretty well. We've had some pretty bad drought down here but have managed to hang onto the cow herd culling the older ones and retaining heifers. The latter part of last summer was good and this summer is shaping up well with the grass never looking better and the young cows are doing well with their calves. We are still waiting for a good rain event to fill our dams, hopefully later this month and February.

Ken

I'm getting older and slower Sky but doing pretty well. We've had some pretty bad drought down here but have managed to hang onto the cow herd culling the older ones and retaining heifers. The latter part of last summer was good and this summer is shaping up well with the grass never looking better and the young cows are doing well with their calves. We are still waiting for a good rain event to fill our dams, hopefully later this month and February.

Ken
The four seasons in Australia, drought, fire, good times, flood.

Good to hear from you. I'm glad things are working well with the hay and hogs.
How was your hunting season down there ? Quiet here except for the nice nine point my son got.

Jw hunting was slow here I only killed 3 we had another blue tongue spell so wasn't many deer to take. Did you do any good?

Glad to see you back!!!!! Was just wondering the other day how things were going and missing your posts. Best thing for you to be in the meat business.... it is crazy to get a kill date anywhere in less than a year..,..

Farmer I crushed my phone lost everyones # if you want text me ill reply back. Yes it is crazy this covid turned everything upside down. Hows the milk biz?

I've been watching your videos for about a year now, really enjoy them.
Thanks Redgully My city friends and family have no clue about country life or things I got a stand so I will be able to do more in depth things. I will be killing hogs soon and will have that on there. If you have a channel I will follow you as well.

I'm getting older and slower Sky but doing pretty well. We've had some pretty bad drought down here but have managed to hang onto the cow herd culling the older ones and retaining heifers. The latter part of last summer was good and this summer is shaping up well with the grass never looking better and the young cows are doing well with their calves. We are still waiting for a good rain ettesvent to fill our dams, hopefully later this month and February.

Ken

Ken I understand that. This has been the wettest year I have ever seen I wish I could send you some moisture. I couldnt even get my last bit of hay dry i baled it and the lowest was 29% moisture most was 35% it just wouldnt stop raining.

Good to see you again big boy. Hope all is well with you and the family. Not a lot of "cow talk" on CT anymore. Mainly politics and BS. I'm about ready to do like you did.

Hey Sky....good to hear you are still plugging away. Not much different around here just getting older and slower...with more aches and pains. Dad's perspective is becoming more clear every day....

Jw hunting was slow here I only killed 3 we had another blue tongue spell so wasn't many deer to take. Did you do any good?
I didn't go but a couple times. Seems like the numbers were down or scattered. The guys who own a camp across from me said they had a good year and got some nice bucks.
My son got a nice 9 point. Grandson had several shots but wanted to wait on a buck.

Good to see you again big boy. Hope all is well with you and the family. Not a lot of "cow talk" on CT anymore. Mainly politics and BS. I'm about ready to do like you did.

Likewise... How you been you big trouble maker ? I see you are right I see it... I come back some and youre ready to disappear.

Hey Sky....good to hear you are still plugging away. Not much different around here just getting older and slower...with more aches and pains. Dad's perspective is becoming more clear every day....

I understand that Vett.... Are you still fooling with cattle?

I didn't go but a couple times. Seems like the numbers were down or scattered. The guys who own a camp across from me said they had a good year and got some nice bucks.
My son got a nice 9 point. Grandson had several shots but wanted to wait on a buck.

Nice... congrats to your son.... Are you going to do any squirrel hunting?

Latest posts