Blast from the past

Help Support CattleToday:

Hey all I see they have changed this site up I hope its for the better. I hope all of you have a great new year and make as much money as you can carry. I just wanted to wave the hand I may check back to see whos still on here.
Sky
Still here Jules. Glad to read you again.

Glad to see you back. I have been a reader for years, but just registered last year. Tell us about your current meat smoking adventures and post some pictures.

Hey all glad to hear from everyone. I will try to stop by more often. I have been slam busy with new ventures. I have sold off most of my cattle I only have 12 now I just couldn't make the numbers work so now I am into doing hay for people and hay for myself and selling it. It is WAY more profitable that way... UMMM... This last year has been my most profitable year with hogs. The pandemic enabled me to move several hundred hogs in a short period of time. It has been great. I was at the barn and got the bottle calf bug again so guess what I am doing now. It has rained so much here i need one of those hover boats to feed my cattle. I have a youtube channel that I post stuff about smoking meat and other stuff like that if anyone wants to see things.

I have different crap on there for my city friends to see as they like the country life but not smart enough to do it... Here is one of my videos

That bacon looks good. I like your smokehouse also. I have a pork belly I've had in the freezer that I need to get out and cook.

Good to hear from you Sky. The site has been ticking along pretty well of late. The moderation has not had such an itchy trigger finger in my opinion and things are allowed to roll a bit which I think has been a good thing.

Ken
Ken hows things your way? Yea thats a good thing. Hows your cattle?

That bacon looks good. I like your smokehouse also. I have a pork belly I've had in the freezer that I need to get out and cook.

Down I tell ya I am weird I cooked a belly once it was good but I cant bring myself to use a belly for anything but bacon. Thanks for the compliments on bacon and the smokehouse. I love my smokehouse people stop by and stick their head in there for a while and absorb the smell. My next project will be a walk in cooler and a butcher shop I talked about it for years and i need to make a move. I bought a meat saw with grinder combo and love it I slice ham steaks and cook them up for breakfast.

Latest posts