Blame walmart

Help Support CattleToday:

Craig Miller

Reaction score
M said something in another thread about this.

It's funny that you said that M because I was just thinking about this a couple days ago. Everybody is quick to blame parents/society for raising kids with an entitled mentality. I blame walmart for it. For the last twenty five or so years walmart has given refunds on any thing for any reason. I once saw a guy return a pie with a piece missing out of it. He said it was missing when he bought it. It was obvious he had eaten the piece and had not liked it. Walmart took it back no questions asked. With companies treating people like that they are bound to feel entitled.

yes, There was a time when people used a money back or warranty with a little common sense but it is long past with the quality of clientele that uses Wal-Mart. We shop there only when necessary and people that think they are saving money by buying everything there, they have not lived in reality in several years.

No, the sense of entitlement starts much earlier in life, before even having the means of being able to get to a store
and having a job to have the money to buy a pie.

Wal-Mart did not create, raise or educate the clientele that choose to patronize them over other options.
Easy to point fingers at Wal-Mart, but hard to give reasonable explanation for human behavior.
People... they're the worst... I hate 'em. :)

Son of Butch":1xo9pic8 said:
No, the sense of entitlement starts much earlier in life, before even having the means of being able to get to a store

Wal-Mart did not create, raise or educate the clientele that choose to patronize them over other options.
Easy to point fingers at Wal-Mart, but hard to give reasonable explanation for human behavior.

Your missing the point.. no body is saying that walmart is solely responsible for it . but they facilitated and exploited human nature . the entitled society was created many yrs ago and your seeing the 4th and 5th generations of these nitwits now. they learned it at home and they use the means available to them. walmart preys on them being ignorant .

Son of Butch":dfmkkepr said:

I blame the government babysitting service, and the parents and teachers that don't teach the cry babies about the real world.
All I heard through high school was "you need to learn this for college" or learn this or that to get a better job. "You have to go to college to be a better person, and get more stuff!". Never once did any of them actually tell the truth that 1/2 were only ever going to have a factory, or fast-food job, and work just above min. wage. Or that the other 1/4 will spend half their life going to school trying to figure out who they are. But! Hey! The other 1/4 of students that actually have a realistic goal, work hard, and get that job, just like the teachers and parents said they would! The 3/4 that weren't successful like the other 1/4, complain that they were told all their life that all they had to do was jump through these hoops, and they would have a better life.

At which point they, hopefully, finally see the truth to it all that life ain't fair...

But, hey! it's so much more fun to blame a company supplying customer service, which seems to be lacking at most places.

M-5":aql9yglf said:
Son of Butch":aql9yglf said:

Your missing the point.. no body is saying that walmart is solely responsible for it . but they facilitated and exploited human nature . the entitled society was created many yrs ago and your seeing the 4th and 5th generations of these nitwits now. they learned it at home and they use the means available to them. walmart preys on them being ignorant .
My wife shops Wal Mart pretty regularly and I assure you she is NOT ignorant you self righteous prick.

TexasBred":3jkbjz5j said:
M-5":3jkbjz5j said:
Son of Butch":3jkbjz5j said:

My wife shops Wal Mart pretty regularly and I assure you she is NOT ignorant you self righteous be nice.
Yalls reading comprehension is at an all-time low today. No where did I say everyone that shops at Walmart is ignorant. This is about people that think they are entitled . but I do encourage you to go set on the bench one Saturday afternoon at wally world and see for yourself.

Walmart only sell shelf space technically. A supplier contractor provides product to be stocked and isn't payed until specified time after it is sold. Walmart had no loss taking that pie back. It was the bakers sole loss.

Wow. Well looks like we have some snowflakes on here too. Walmart is probably the most influential company in this country. They control what food is bought nationwide by their advertising. Their policies help shape people's thoughts whether you see it or not. Remember when you had to have a receipt and return within 30 days? Now you don't even have to prove you bought it there.

Wow. Well looks like we have some snowflakes on here too. Walmart is probably the most influential company in this country. They control what food is bought nationwide by their advertising. Their policies help shape people's thoughts whether you see it or not. Remember when you had to have a receipt and return within 30 days? Now you don't even have to prove you bought it there. Ok so they are not to blame singularly but it's all part of the society that contributes. M5 said it well in this is the results of 5 generations of entitlements.

Craig Miller":mrjh2b6t said:
Wow. Well looks like we have some snowflakes on here too. Walmart is probably the most influential company in this country. They control what food is bought nationwide by their advertising. Their policies help shape people's thoughts whether you see it or not. Remember when you had to have a receipt and return within 30 days? Now you don't even have to prove you bought it there. Ok so they are not to blame singularly but it's all part of the society that contributes. M5 said it well in this is the results of 5 generations of entitlements.

I think I found one of our members .

best-of-people-of-wal-mart-trashy-picture-lis-L-t_cqBq.jpeg

I think you are giving walmart entirely too much credit. They simply have taken concepts pioneered by other retailers and implemented them successfully. What they were, and are, good at, is identifying what consumers want and then fulfilling that desire. 30 years ago, Kmart, for example, (the mold from which Walmart was created) was, initially, unwilling to acknowledge the new kid on the block and do what was necessary to compete with them. They tried to ride on their reputation and history, figuring consumers were contend with their brand alone. By the time they figured out they had a problem, it was too little too late. Walmart did not originate the generous returns policy.

Walmart did not become the behemoth they are today until they incorporated groceries. Combining general merchandise, hardlines, and food was, again, a concept originated by others. Kmart had dabbled with it 35 years ago. But Walmart fully committed instead of dabbling and did it smarter and better than their competitors.

FWIW, I believe Kroger is still the largest grocery chain in the US. Pretty sure they still play a major role in food selections
and purchases here too.

Speaking of snowflakes, it strikes me that those who would blame one company for all the ills of a huge and complex economy and society are the true snowflakes of the group.....

M-5":1e80ry3m said:

I comprehend well. You are talking about WalMart customers....nitwits and ignorant.

Craig Miller":1oj807ra said:
Wow. Well looks like we have some snowflakes on here too. Walmart is probably the most influential company in this country. They control what food is bought nationwide by their advertising. Their policies help shape people's thoughts whether you see it or not. Remember when you had to have a receipt and return within 30 days? Now you don't even have to prove you bought it there.
Craig all advertising is designed to influence you. Why else would all major companies spend millions on it. You have no idea of their politics now do you really??? As for returns, each company can set it's own policies. You don't have to agree with it. I think you'll find many more satisfied customers than dissatisfied. Only common gripe about Walmart is long check out lines really. But I figure if you walk in the door of your own free will and accord you accept their terms and conditions.

Sounds like the blaming WalMart crowd is no different than the "it's everybody's fault but my own" crowd. So easy to blame someone/something else instead of owning it.
I'm not a WalMart fanboi. I do not necessarily dislike WalMart, as a company. I actually admire what they've done as far as entrepreneurship. But, I also miss the old mom and pop atmosphere of a downtown, and small local shops which I try to support when I can.

Craig Miller":2c8bk0mj said:

Let me bold the last part of what I said so you can see where the emphasis is

Let me get this straight if I say something about some of the people that shop at an establishment then I am talking about every single person that walks thru the door . If I say ALL Muslims are terrorist then the same people say that's not true only a few are extreme. You cant have it both ways buttercup. and TB show me where I said everyone at walmart Is a nitwit and ignorant. again your comprehension is LACKING because it I was referring to the entitlement society and if that shoe fits well you got bigger problems than my self-righteous ass .

Latest posts