Blackbird Bandolier of Page

Help Support CattleToday:

I have some Blackbird and Graham cows in my Angus herd that have been line bred since the 50's. Don't know if they go back to that bull or not?

Born in 1927
Could he have been any good? ..... his dam was 2 years old when he was born. :)
His epd accuracy is only .08 so I wouldn't put too much stock in that $EN 75

What pedigree were you searching that lead you to find him?

So far back, why worry? Earl Marshall is a big influence in lot of Angus. EPD oddity has more to do with starting year of change of EPD program and the unfair discount to older cattle than truth. Same for any cattle not breeding to all mainstream genetics. Just the way it works. Best thing to do is to properly breed and select what is in front of you.

Ebenezer":2ij7jtl7 said:
So far back, why worry? Earl Marshall is a big influence in lot of Angus. EPD oddity has more to do with starting year of change of EPD program and the unfair discount to older cattle than truth. Same for any cattle not breeding to all mainstream genetics. Just the way it works. Best thing to do is to properly breed and select what is in front of you.

You're absolutely correct. I was just curious as to how many animals go back to that lineage. It was a curiosity thing b/c I think it's interesting.

Son of Butch":1ln7nftk said:
Born in 1927
Could he have been any good? ..... his dam was 2 years old when he was born. :)
His epd accuracy is only .08 so I wouldn't put too much stock in that $EN 75

What pedigree were you searching that lead you to find him?

I was looking at a heifer we're buying this fall. I can't remember how I got to him, but I believe I kept going back and back starting with Baldridge Kaboom.

Latest posts