Black Simmental sires

Help Support CattleToday:

El_Putzo

Reaction score
Does anyone have a list of some pretty good Black Simmental sires? My dad and I are going to be looking for a bull and I need to know some popular names and bloodlines.

TIA

James,
try this link http://www.agonline.com/bullbarn/simblkprice.asp
Eldon will do his best to help you get what you need.

I have used Picasso and had to be there when the heifers calved. But I think hybred vigor played a factor there. I can't tell you anything about any more of the simmy bulls. Good luck in your search.

Go to any of the semen companies and they will have pictures and data for you to look at. If you need any web address let me know.

Matt

houstoncutter":2q0geesb said:
Meyers 734, hard to beat

Might be hard to beat but also hard to choke down that price per straw. Even if you are flushing to him.

That is why I used Picasso.

certherfbeef":3iwpufmp said:
houstoncutter":3iwpufmp said:
Meyers 734, hard to beat

Might be hard to beat but also hard to choke down that price per straw. Even if you are flushing to him.

That is why I used Picasso.

May be hard to swallow but when you see the calves it makes it allllllll better. He is HARD to beat.

My bull is a son of Power Drive ,he's easy calving and throws nice calves. We just sold march-april calves the begining of december that averaged 680lbs, no creep but 7-8 weeks of grain after weaning

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2fda8c48 said:
Look at Beginners Board--pictures--post by Jeanne

Thanks "old man" People and judge have said my bull may be Meyers 734's replacement. By the way Meyers 734 is up to $500/unit. EEKS :shock:

http://www.CattleVisions.com
http://www.crinet.com
Jeanne, How far can you ship semen? Would you be able to ship some into southern Saskatchewan? We are looking for some semen to AI our cows to. Could you post his EPD's for all of us to see? Is he a calving ease? What was his birth weight?

Distance isn't a problem but into Canada might be.
His new spring 2005 EPD's are:
CE 6.1 BW 1.5 WW 31.4 YW 65.4 MCE 7.4 MM 5.6 MWW 21.4
He was a fall born calf (9-29-02) and weighed 89# (which is really light for our fall born calves - our cows are on really lush grasses all summer.)
So far we have had 2 born here, one out of a first calf heifer - bull calf weighed 74#. Another breeder has had 4 heifers calf to him and has already ordered more semen for all his heifers this year. Really exciting! I think there should be about 100 - 150 calves born this spring so we'll know if he is easy calving across the states.
You really should just go to the classifieds on CattleToday's home page - or go to my web site.

My favorite black Simmental bulls are Black Joker, which is the most popular AI sire in the breed today, and he has consistently good calves, X339, and Goldmine.

Primarily fueled by the club calf market. Seed stock producers won't generally pay that much for semen.. there are a lot of other really good bulls on the market for a fraction of the cost. A lot of that is MARKETING.

Latest posts