Black Simmental (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Some more pics some may have seen these?

newbull09dadscows072.jpg

newbull09dadscows076.jpg

newbull09dadscows065.jpg

These pics were taken early may I think. Keep them or ship them?

kenny thomas":1ibh2xkg said:
Don't keep them. I can have a truck there next week, send them to me. I like them although many will think they are too big.

Yes they are big. Average cow weight was 1545 and bull weighed 2200. But man they grow.

Bull

newbull09dadscows082.jpg

i would keep those simmie cows.they have good baggs an plenty of milk to raise calves.but i gotta ask.whats a hereford man doing with some simmie cows.

i have some big black 3/4 simm but im down sizing their progeny frame , great cattle but just too big too i sold a older black cow last fall she weighed 1800... id keep em and gradually down size their offsprings

bigbull338":3nhpt5js said:
i would keep those simmie cows.they have good baggs an plenty of milk to raise calves.but i gotta ask.whats a hereford man doing with some simmie cows.

they were my dads cows. He passed away and I got the cows. They are ok but old.(10) they seem to be raising the calves good

I'll be the second to say, sorry about losing your dad.... that's got be a tough one.... da.m the cows.

Take care,
Alan

rocket2222":1sshksw6 said:
Sorry to hear about your father. I'd sell the bull and the calves, buy some Hereford embryo's, use them as recips.

What would embryo's cost and how much to get them put in? I guess I should say about how much. Prices vary I know.

JHH":1cvyxln4 said:
What would embryo's cost and how much to get them put in? I guess I should say about how much. Prices vary I know.

Round here the vet charges $57 to put frozen ones in, including the shot. Embryo's seem to run $300/500. Ends up costing around what you could sell a weaning calf for at the sale barn.

Latest posts