Black Longhorn Bull????

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Is there such a thing? I'm going to go look at it, I imagine that it is a Corriente Bull, but being marketed as a Longhorn. Is there such thing as a black longhorn?

[email protected]

There's a black in most breeds now!! There used to be a longhorn breeder online that claimed he was working on black longhorns. So maybe...

> Is there such a thing? I'm going
> to go look at it, I imagine that
> it is a Corriente Bull, but being
> marketed as a Longhorn. Is there
> such thing as a black longhorn?

[email protected]

> Is there such a thing? I'm going
> to go look at it, I imagine that
> it is a Corriente Bull, but being
> marketed as a Longhorn. Is there
> such thing as a black longhorn? Yes, there is definately black longhorns. We owned one all black bull, his name was Zorro FF, and he is registered in both the International Texas Longhorn Association and the Texas Longnorn Breeders Association of America. You can see his photo at the link listed.

http://www.maranch.com
[email protected]

There have always been black longhorns far as I know..a very common early color was a brownish/black with a red or brown topline & poll. We now call this Parker Brown. I am the owner of the black bull referred to earlier, Zorro FF (or I was until we had to put him down last week). I have a solid black calf on the ground now and have sold several solid black longhorn bulls for commercial use over the years. I also know where there are some available now in OK. They are very popular for commercial first calf heifers, though Zorro was used in a registered longhorn program.
> There's a black in most breeds
> now!! There used to be a longhorn
> breeder online that claimed he was
> working on black longhorns. So
> maybe...

CalPat Longhorns
[email protected]

Latest posts