Black is for Bovine

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita":elpot67a said:
inyati13":elpot67a said:
Ouachita":elpot67a said:
Inyati, you're a trip and it sounds like you've been on a few. I don't know whether to think of you as an Einstein or weapons grade stupid, but in either case you have an interesting history and perspective of same :D
Just think of me as a KY hillbilly raising cattle and living out my days. :D

I'll try, but in a previous thread you conveyed a mental picture that's gonna be hard, er um difficult, to get out of my head :lol2: I reckon most of us are hillbillies raising cattle and living out our days. Nothing at all wrong with that.

The picture above put up by ALACOWMAN is my son. He is actually a bright boy. When I was assigned to the Federal Marshall's office in Cattlettsburg, KY my last assignment before going to Denver was in Alabama. I was sent there to arrest an employee with the Office of the FBI for misuse of his credentials. He was using his credentials to enter property for the purpose of doing repossessions which is prohibited. My son was born out of wedlock as a result of a women I met there. He resembles his mother. We were in love but I had to return to Ky. After his birth, she left him to me. I raised him and he went to school and became a Nuclear Engineer. Briefly he worked with Jimmie Carter before he became President. I don't see much of him anymore.

Below is a picture of me that will provide the mental image you desire. I took these of myself today by holding the camera out at arms length so they might not be real good. BTW, TexasBred, I do not need a stump. I have long legs and the heifer is fairly short.
2pt1lr4.jpg

m9loux.jpg

Taurus,
The buffalo we have here are not that dark, just a medium brown with a darker hump.
Also, concerning the yak, alot of the wild ones are brown or black, but there is a rare race of wild golden yaks that are highly prized by I think it is the chinese. The domestic yak can be any color from white to spotted.
check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yak

You all can joke about bestiality with a cow, but I don't find it funny at all especially since you all know that there are kids who come to this site.
Would you really want your kid to read this?

chippie":2n4w7x2v said:
You all can joke about bestiality with a cow, but I don't find it funny at all especially since you all know that there are kids who come to this site.

No, probably not. You are correct. Not joking, I will not do it again. I apologize.

Nite Hawk":28mh5h6w said:
Taurus,
The buffalo we have here are not that dark, just a medium brown with a darker hump.
Also, concerning the yak, alot of the wild ones are brown or black, but there is a rare race of wild golden yaks that are highly prized by I think it is the chinese. The domestic yak can be any color from white to spotted.
check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yak
Nite Hawk, well the bison are not light-colored either and still darker than wild white cattle of England. Mature bison bulls are very dark than bison cows, especially during rutting season which occurs in the summer. Bison gets darker when the winters are coming. Either that, they are still dark animals and far from being light-colored animals.

dun":2d9ed441 said:
9 pages of bull and it still boils down to "Who Really Cares?"
I agree, dun. But you could say that about everything in the universe. Most of the population of the world would say about Cattle Today, "Who Really Cares?" Don't get too serious here. This website is Entertainment. Yes, people get some information. But I believe they are on here mainly to fill in their time. That is my honest opinion.

chippie":3rpv28a6 said:

OMG get over it Chippie. Worry about the kids with "other kids".

Well Taurus, there are several different kinds of buffalo, ( woodland-plains )
but the ones our neighbors raise, all the buffalo they have the bulls seem to be the same color as the cows, and the ones I have seen here are not that dark either..

inyati13":9bq8dc5r said:
dun":9bq8dc5r said:
I agree, dun. But you could say that about everything in the universe. Most of the population of the world would say about Cattle Today, "Who Really Cares?" Don't get too serious here. This website is Entertainment. Yes, people get some information. But I believe they are on here mainly to fill in their time. That is my honest opinion.
Inyati I agree there is both entertainment & information on this site. And I find your posts amusing, however you need about 20 more head of cattle to fill in your time. ;-)

I enjoy it that Nite Hawk and Taurus have kept their dialog going in spite of the comments flying around in between each of their posts. Priceless.

Ron, please do not post anymore "selfies". Leave that to the professionals like Anthony Wiener and Geraldo Rivera.

:lol:

Blue Dawg":xkjv3iyw said:
inyati13":xkjv3iyw said:
dun":xkjv3iyw said:
Inyati I agree there is both entertainment & information on this site. And I find your posts amusing, however you need about 20 more head of cattle to fill in your time. ;-)

Blue Dawg, hard to ignore dun's comment. Particularly from someone as respected as dun. This thread was participated in by many users. To characterize us in the manner he did is difficult to ignore. Ten pages, contrary to dun's summation, that indicates interest. This thread got 136 replies and 2171 views in less than 10 days. I could not find any threads that did better in terms of activity. That says, "Someone Really Cares". Maybe dun considers that negative notoriety. Negative notoriety is just as much a benefit as positive notoriety. Just ask someone in advertising. Tennessee Tuxedo stated, " I enjoy it that Nite Hawk and Taurus have kept their dialog going in spite of the comments flying around in between each of their posts. Priceless." I think that says someone at least cares. Seems a discussion of Bovine color would be appropriate. Makes me wonder if a discussion on Bovine pelage, size, anatomy, form and function, etc. also falls into the category of, "Who really cares?" I understand if I started a thread on the US federal deficit spending on the breeds board that it would be fair to characterize it as, "Who really cares?" I also agree with chippie that maybe some of our humor has drifted off to the crude side. Maybe it got too academic. If that is the problem, I invite a moderator or administrator to PM me so I know not to become too academic in my discussions. "Keep em barefoot and pregnant so to speak." BTW, if those users who find my threads uninteresting, too academic, boring, aloof, etc. Ignore them.

Until I get further direction that my behavior on CT is unacceptable, I will be just what I am. If that is a problem, I solicit a PM from the Moderators/Administrators and I will get to he$$ off here. I can watch reruns of MASH. BTW, I don't watch TV. I like to provide my own entertainment. If no one reads my posts, I don't care. It entertains me. Humility and humbleness are not two of my failings.

I said it before, I am also selfish. I think selfish gets a bad rap. Oh, I better watch out. "Who Really Cares????"

PS. I am not being hard on dun. He and I are both well past our impressionable years. Being serious, I respect and like dun. I Private Messaged him from my cell phone twice this spring when I was at the farm and needed immediate help. And he was right there. It was harder to ignore his comment because I do respect him.