Black Herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

Cattle Boy

Reaction score
I am asking how well are the Black Herefords? Are they more better in daily average gain than the Herefords and Polled Herefords? How well is the muscle quality in these animals. What I am asking for is for some information from Black Hereford breeders. What have you noticed is better then the orignal Herefords. Please include pictures if you can. Thanks Very Much For Your Help

if you do a search for black herefords i am sure you'll a lot of posts. although there is not much actual info on the "breed" because they are new and like was said above they are very inconsistent. most of the animals that have been pictured have looked below average.

Cattle Boy":27kkyysc said:
I am asking how well are the Black Herefords? Are they more better in daily average gain than the Herefords and Polled Herefords? How well is the muscle quality in these animals. What I am asking for is for some information from Black Hereford breeders. What have you noticed is better then the orignal Herefords. Please include pictures if you can. Thanks Very Much For Your Help

They are a composite and like any composite their quality depends on the quality of the foundation animals. You use the best Hereford genetics and cross it with the best Angus genetics and you have good to excellent Black Herefords. Third rate Herefords times third rate Angus produces third rate Black Herefords. I have seen good ones and very mediocre ones on these boards. IF I have seen one in the real world I confused it with a Black Baldie.

texbulldog not heard from in forever. Somebody mentions Black Herefords and he's right here. That's dedication.

There is no Angus in a black Herford or as some want to call a black baldie. In dairy country they like to run a black angus or herford bull with their hiefers. Thats where the funnel butt Angus come from. Black hereford is a holstien herford cross someone is trying to make some money on. Lets tell it like it is.

Shorthornguy":31ljpnaf said:
Black hereford is a holstien herford cross someone is trying to make some money on.

Are you sure that's not a SHORTHORN/hereford cross?? :lol: :lol:

Shorthornguy":1bslwq8z said:
There is no Angus in a black Herford

Really?

http://www.blackhereford.com/highplains1.html

A. The animal must be a Black Hereford, as determined under the Rules of the Association.

1. Therefore, a bull or cow must EITHER:

a.) Have an ABHA registered sire and a American Hereford Association registered dam.
OR
b.) Have both ABHA registered sire and dam.
OR
c.) Be the product of a paring described in a.) which was not eligable to register due to hair color and an ABHA registered sire.
OR
d.) Be an American Black Hereford Association sire approved for admission by a 2/3 vote of the ABHA pursuant to Article II of the By-Laws.
OR
e.) Be the product of an ABHA sire and a F1 dam whose parentage is registered in the American Angus Association and the American Hereford Association.

[/b]

all breeds produce below avg bulls. My comment was they are inconsistent in coloring. I don't know where this conversation came from.

Also, I thought a hereford holstein cross was called a simmental!! :lol:

Santas and Duhram Reds":wo5cwmz2 said:
Also, I thought a hereford holstein cross was called a simmental!! :lol:

hmmm. Maybe I don't understand the smiley .... but I never thought that.

Shorthornguy":2hwwxwdu said:
There is no Angus in a black Herford or as some want to call a black baldie. In dairy country they like to run a black angus or herford bull with their hiefers. Thats where the funnel butt Angus come from. Black hereford is a holstien herford cross someone is trying to make some money on. Lets tell it like it is.

I think you are wrong, please back the statement up with proof.. I have to throw the BS flag on this.

Alan

Shorthornguy":1xcooxnw said:
:lol: After reading Van C,s post, I stand corrected.
BS is BS, however for now I am going to put the Black Hereford in the same class with my polled Longhorns. :lol:

Just for the record, friend, I'm no fan of black Herefords either. I just couldn't let your statement go by unchallenged. I'm glad you took it well, as I meant no animosity towards you.