Black Hereford's! That is news to me.

Help Support CattleToday:

Should all the traditional breeds be deviating from their traditional roots?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Google":2dq4bmbc said:
ollie":2dq4bmbc said:
Any of you'all old enough to remember a line of cattle from a bull called
supreme. 70's or 80's I would guess. The best cattleman that I know says these were the best herefords he ever saw. Some sold in the Bear Tooth dispersal in the 80's.

I didn't realize that Bear Tooth had Herefords back then. I think they're primarily running Gelbviehs and Angus these days.

Does Mel Gibson still own Bear Tooth?

back then Mel Gibson did not own Beartooth.

certherfbeef":1yistdot said:
BWA,
If you notice, you have to breed up to get a so called "black hereford". The last time I checked, which has been a good while, there was only one sire in the herd book. The hereford assoc. will not open up their reg book to the black hereford. The only reason this guy was able to get his baldie cattle consistently is because the hereford white face is dominate. Breed anything to a hereford and you will get a white face. Then call it a new breed! HAHA This is all you are going to get out of me on this topic. It was touched on a while back.
A friend of mine stated that folks promoting black herefords are the kind of people who would try to sell icecubes to Eskimos.
We cross Hazletts with Victors. The Hazletts take nothing away from the maternal traits of the Victors, but add Carcass and thickness. :)

greenwillowherefords":2o8tj595 said:
certherfbeef":2o8tj595 said:
BWA,
If you notice, you have to breed up to get a so called "black hereford". The last time I checked, which has been a good while, there was only one sire in the herd book. The hereford assoc. will not open up their reg book to the black hereford. The only reason this guy was able to get his baldie cattle consistently is because the hereford white face is dominate. Breed anything to a hereford and you will get a white face. Then call it a new breed! HAHA This is all you are going to get out of me on this topic. It was touched on a while back.
A friend of mine stated that folks promoting black herefords are the kind of people who would try to sell icecubes to Eskimos.
We cross Hazletts with Victors. The Hazletts take nothing away from the maternal traits of the Victors, but add Carcass and thickness. :)

you should look into Braxton Giants from New Zealand

Campground Cattle":35xv7kxh said:
greenwillowherefords":35xv7kxh said:
certherfbeef":35xv7kxh said:
BWA,

you should look into Braxton Giants from New Zealand
I am open to looking at them.