Black equivalent of Char

Help Support CattleToday:

midtncattle

Reaction score
Most folks around here use Char bulls to cross for growth. What would be considered the black hided breed that would equal a char?

The best equivalent would be a performance fleck influenced Simmental (TNT, Bata bros. etc.) You may also consider a Black Charolais if you can find one. Some old balck performance oriented Maine or Chi Genetics might work as well but the clubby deal has eliminated most lof these cattle.

Thanks for answers. I am a newbie and just trying to figure things out. I was trying to look at way to get growth from a char but the up tick for black. Anybody ever used those black chars?

If you use AI, there are a handful of bulls that will match or beat charolais growth and still have a black hide. Use accross breed EPD's and correct the numbers so you're playing with a level field and you'll find a few.

Best of my knowledge there isnt a black char. Char momma i like bred to black. Char bull on a herford momma will be a real good one too. Char seems to be an under utilized breed but the more i learn the more i like them under certain situations.

Those arent a black char. Theyre a cross of angus and char. Might be splitting hairs but.....
Either wyat id bet theyre pretty good bulls for a terminal cross

So the AAA has finally accepted the fact they have double muscled carriers. If they go down this road then they better kick out a few more cattle such as some of those those related to Dalrene Cruz 11F: Here is a picture of a son in the UK: OakChurch Dictator distributed by ABS: http://www.genusbreeding.co.uk/document ... ection.pdf
A picture of Dalrene Cruz 11F himself and his bio: http://www.nethertonangus.co.uk/html/sires.html#cruz. He has calves and relatives all over the world. Want to be the guy to pull on that thread?

A Black Beefmaster? Both big boned, But stick with as little Magic and Soul man as possible, Foundation Genetics may have some char in them, In TN, look for Milton Catttle, he mixes up the Black with a good line.

Latest posts