Black Cross-Bred Texas Longhorn Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":1nuuezcd said:
Grit the color dock is BS and we all know it. They are all the same color when the hide comes off.
The dock is big and real and is the difference in working cows and welfare cows.

I read the science behind the black hide....Something like .05% better yield because the hide is thinner. But yes, the dock is BS, just like the dock for ears around here.

Farm Fence Solutions":1dz4sk1m said:
True Grit Farms":1dz4sk1m said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1dz4sk1m said:
For the 158th time......Anyone who takes these calves to the sale, without having two interested bidders, is screwing up. My buyer actually requests the skunks that we raise, because he knows the 3 cows they all go back to. The skunks off my place are performers.
It's apparent you have a different type of buyer, around here at any of the sale barns I frequently trade with that calf would get stolen. Just goes to show that good feed - grass can make a decent cow - calf no matter the breeding.

Yes sir. We have a few standard sale barns within driving distance, but we also have a co-op feederyard right here in my hometown. No trader cattle, and the buyer gets a full history on the calves, including where they come from. Everything has to come direct from the farm.....no trash. It's a better place to sell cattle that might need some explaining.
http://www.fplfood.net/chatel-farms
Here's our local feed yard and kill plant that we consigned with. This is a new deal in the southeast, and now there's also a feed lot opening in middle Florida. Supposedly the prices are going to be equal to or better than the national average.

True Grit Farms":1mvkzqqm said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1mvkzqqm said:
True Grit Farms":1mvkzqqm said:
It's apparent you have a different type of buyer, around here at any of the sale barns I frequently trade with that calf would get stolen. Just goes to show that good feed - grass can make a decent cow - calf no matter the breeding.

Yes sir. We have a few standard sale barns within driving distance, but we also have a co-op feederyard right here in my hometown. No trader cattle, and the buyer gets a full history on the calves, including where they come from. Everything has to come direct from the farm.....no trash. It's a better place to sell cattle that might need some explaining.
http://www.fplfood.net/chatel-farms
Here's our local feed yard and kill plant that we consigned with. This is a new deal in the southeast, and now there's also a feed lot opening in middle Florida. Supposedly the prices are going to be equal to or better than the national average.

Looks like it might be the ticket for a better bottom line. The pretty brunette needs a rope, and they need a better fence builder. :nod:

Latest posts