Black Cows = Black Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

I have never heard of black Charolais cattle?

I don't think to many cattlemen and cattle buyers are going to misstake other black cattle for Black Angus.

So what do you other old hands think? :shock:

Carnivore":jrdx7pbo said:
Sorry to start such a shirtstorm. My question was sincere, because while I didn't think that just cause a cow was black that it was a black angus, I also started reading stuff about the CAB, and alluding to any black cow being available for being a certified angus breed. So, I asked the question, out of naiviet'e.

Marty

Hey Marty,

Don't worry about anything, you started nothing. I'm sure I started it, and I did so on purpose just as light hearted fun. As stated by Doc, CAB has been thrown around a bunch in recent times, so I stirred the pot a little, or threw out some bait to see if anything would bite, some did.

For anyone else, just having fun, don't take it too personal, CHB is the same way, 51% red hide, no dairy. It is, how it is ... so be it.

Alan

no worries Carni,
it would be a shocker if you said "black" and "angus" in the same post and no shirts started flying. it nearly impossible to keep all the shirts cleaned off the fan nowadays, anyhoo.

Latest posts