Black calves from red bul

Help Support CattleToday:

most people want to know how they get red calves from black cattle. i guess you have some red carrier angus now, that is what they call them in the sale catalog. when they have black calves from red parents.

sooknortex":h0lpquvf said:
The neighbors bull or a very early maturing bull calf from last year.
I'd have to agree, the neighbors bull is probably the most likely cause.

jcarkie":am57o9si said:
most people want to know how they get red calves from black cattle. i guess you have some red carrier angus now, that is what they call them in the sale catalog. when they have black calves from red parents.

HUH?????????????????

BTW ditto on the neighbors bull

charangusman08":2qz57ql7 said:
randiliana":2qz57ql7 said:
The neighbours bull??
About that, he must have jumped over the fence and breed two of my cows and jumped back in. :lol2:
Could have.....Does your neighbor have a black bull?

charangusman08":18uo98gp said:
randiliana":18uo98gp said:
The neighbours bull??
About that, he must have jumped over the fence and breed two of my cows and jumped back in. :lol2:
Had it happen. Almost culled a nice heifer because she never would cycle. She was already bred and the bulls had been pulled. Never saw them in with her.

charangusman08":3j3pdkcj said:
randiliana":3j3pdkcj said:
The neighbours bull??
Not that unlikely, a guy up the road from me had a couple half Ayrshire calves. The nieghbors bull got out, bred the cow, and returned back to its pasture without anyone knowing. Atleast no one knowing until they stared calving. :lol:

Neighbors bull is black, I just didnt think about it being him because we found him in my pasture and he hurt himself jumping over the barb wire fence and was no good. Could have sneaked in before that happened though.

I've personally watched bulls breed right through a barbed wire fence - only part of him needed to cross it. :lol2:

redcowsrule33":3kuuxa66 said:
I've personally watched bulls breed right through a barbed wire fence - only part of him needed to cross it. :lol2:

Known of many famale dogs that got bred that way. Seen several, through chain-link, woven wire and various wire type kennels.

Katherine

charangusman08":1ho3jbak said:
Neighbors bull is black, I just didnt think about it being him because we found him in my pasture and he hurt himself jumping over the barb wire fence and was no good. Could have sneaked in before that happened though.

There's your answer.

redcowsrule33":2qw01gtk said:

This would explain as to why my neigbors holstein dairy heifers had nice looking beef calves 2 years in a row, with a woven fence between us!! Never did figure out how it happened, now I know. :lol:

Latest posts