Black Baldy Program

Help Support CattleToday:

Alacowman,
I dont know the Fleming's but I have heard good things about them. We purchased Polled Hereford bulls, so we didnt go there. We purchased our Hereford bulls from JWR(GA) and Candy Meadow Farms (TN). If you dont find anything at Debtor I am sure that Tom Boatman (JWR) or Rob Helms (TN) could take care of you.

In my experience the Herefords cant run with the Angus or the Baldie on performance. The straight Herefords take a beating down here, which is a shame because most of them make darn good cows. The steers deserve the beating, not enough performance in the feedlot (marbling or CW) on the ones we have fed out. The Hereford cows we raised ratioed 90 at weaning just like the straight hereford steers but the are making cows (So far). The blacks ratioed 102 versus the same herefords and baldies. Too many years of doing this, I know at least with our cows what the different crosses will do.

Good luck Alacowman, if you have any ideas you want to bounce off of me or want to find a good Hereford bull, just pm me.. I dont have any bulls for sale but I know an honest guy who can find you one. (for a fair price)

WELL THIS TOPIC SURE PUTS FOLKS BEHIND THE TREES TAKING POT SHOTS.

GUESS PEOPLE HAVE TO SHOW THE LOVE FOR WHAT THEY GO BY RUNNING DOWN THE OTHER STUFF.

iN MY OLD AGE MY PHILOSOPHY IS.....ITS ALL GOOD.

jscunn":f472zfta said:
Alacowman,
I dont know the Fleming's but I have heard good things about them. We purchased Polled Hereford bulls, so we didnt go there. We purchased our Hereford bulls from JWR(GA) and Candy Meadow Farms (TN). If you dont find anything at Debtor I am sure that Tom Boatman (JWR) or Rob Helms (TN) could take care of you.

In my experience the Herefords cant run with the Angus or the Baldie on performance. The straight Herefords take a beating down here, which is a shame because most of them make darn good cows. The steers deserve the beating, not enough performance in the feedlot (marbling or CW) on the ones we have fed out. The Hereford cows we raised ratioed 90 at weaning just like the straight hereford steers but the are making cows (So far). The blacks ratioed 102 versus the same herefords and baldies. Too many years of doing this, I know at least with our cows what the different crosses will do.

Good luck Alacowman, if you have any ideas you want to bounce off of me or want to find a good Hereford bull, just pm me.. I dont have any bulls for sale but I know an honest guy who can find you one. (for a fair price)
im using one of their bull's now.... ive used debter bulls in the past.. my herd is primarily made up from those foundation brafords i raised from them... i do plan on using a polled herf. in the future though..i did enough dehorning in those F1 years.. still like the horned though

WichitaLineMan":3rpkmtlt said:

Heck all he is trying to do is stir up shirt. At least he's good a something.
well least i aint picking on little ladies. not trying to stir up anything.. just doing a little weeding

I am not trying to stir up anything, I said I didnt know the Flemings but heard good things about them. Stirring up something would have been Line one's have terrible __________ dont use them.. (For example)

Just trying to help a guy out that seemed to be asking for opinions. I dont sell Hereford bulls, or make any money off pointing him in the right direction. Just trying to be neighborly, at least he understood that, even if WLM didnt..

well actually no,,,, Joy of texas poor gal could'nt make a post without you belittling her. i said lets drop it but its all up to you... i can come up with a new user name just like the many times you have :cowboy:

jscunn":3b0ysxi3 said:
I am not trying to stir up anything, I said I didnt know the Flemings but heard good things about them. Stirring up something would have been Line one's have terrible __________ dont use them.. (For example)

Just trying to help a guy out that seemed to be asking for opinions. I dont sell Hereford bulls, or make any money off pointing him in the right direction. Just trying to be neighborly, at least he understood that, even if WLM didnt..
And you get a good job js...a few of us are not quite as thin skinned or as full of $hit as WLM. But he's got 4 hereford so that makes him an another "instant expert". :lol2: :dunce: :lol2:

ALACOWMAN":2l50n7tg said:
WichitaLineMan":2l50n7tg said:

Heck all he is trying to do is stir up shirt. At least he's good a something.
well least i aint picking on little ladies. not trying to stir up anything.. just doing a little weeding

Are you talking about Frankie? How chivalrous of you! All I am going to say about that is GOOD RIDDANCE![/quote]

I miss Frankie, she added a little class to the joint. A person can only take so much from a bunch of crusty old hardtails, then they need a break. ;-)

Everybody has their 'one' EXT that was a pet story-at one time I had over a 100 cows that went back to him-amazing when we got them all culled how things quieted down around here. If you want to fix good udders along with bad dispositions and tiny nuts by all means stack him in a pedigree. Why can't hereford just keep breeding for things that will compliment an Angus instead of trying to make a RWF angus-knersie is right about eyeset having as much to do with pinkeye as pigment.

Northern Rancher":2emhubdc said:
Everybody has their 'one' EXT that was a pet story-at one time I had over a 100 cows that went back to him-amazing when we got them all culled how things quieted down around here. If you want to fix good udders along with bad dispositions and tiny nuts by all means stack him in a pedigree. Why can't hereford just keep breeding for things that will compliment an Angus instead of trying to make a RWF angus-knersie is right about eyeset having as much to do with pinkeye as pigment.

You hit the nail on the head. ;-) We keep chasing fads. Just breed good productive cows and the rest will come. you can tweek everthing as you go ( eyeset)

If I had more pasture and time I would be inquiring on BRG bulls I like them.

Northern Rancher":o72h55id said:

We've got to stop agreeing like this, people will start getting funny ideas.... ;-)

Latest posts