Black Baldy Calves

Help Support CattleToday:

rgv4........IMHO why can,t these other breeds run on their own merits.Instead trying to qualify for CAB.

How much of a premium do these cattle bring. :D [/url]

frenchie":25jtso0x said:
rgv4........IMHO why can,t these other breeds run on their own merits.Instead trying to qualify for CAB.

How much of a premium do these cattle bring. :D [/url]

I can honestly say that I don't know any specific prices for black cattle as I don't own any.

Gonna have to let some of the other guys that run black chime in on this one.

I would recommend a angus bull. the simmetal will probably give you a more of a blaze or spotted face which will give you a 5-10 cents knock off at the market

I've never seen a black white faced or mottled faced calf bring LESS at the auction than a solid black.. in fact here in Texas they will bring you more.

TheBullLady":2ijhf2ju said:
I've never seen a black white faced or mottled faced calf bring LESS at the auction than a solid black.. in fact here in Texas they will bring you more.

Depends on the area you're in. Some places a baldy will bring more others a blaze will bring more. Straighbred Herefords bring more in Joplin then they do around here. It can even vary by which order buyers happen to be in attendance at any given sale.

dun

rgv4":etkkg5pb said:
frenchie":etkkg5pb said:
Dun.........It just seems to me a lot of breeds want to hang on to Black Angus, Shirttail.

It all has to do with the Certified Angus Beef title. Any breed with black hide, hair and black eyes is able to be classified as Certified Angus Beef.
So just because it's marked CAB, doesn't mean that it is actually Angus.

A true Angus/Hereford baldie, given the right carcass quality, will qualify for both CAB and Certified Hereford Beef. CHB requires either straight Hereford or an English cross, a stricter guideline.

Latest posts