black baldie

Help Support CattleToday:

The traditional balk baldy is an F1 hybrid of Black AngusXHereford, or HerefordXBlack Angus. The also come from HerefordXHolstein. Now with every breed in the world going to black, you can probably get them with HerefordXanything black.

dunmovin farms

> What other names could you find
> black baldies as? What breeds make
> up a black baldie?

> up a black baldie?

A Black Baldy is a hybrid cross and not a breed. In fact, it is an excellent cross. A typical Black Baldy will be black with a patch of white on the face. In Florida, a very good Black Baldy results from a cross between an Angus bull and a Braford cow. The Balck Baldy calves will be 50% Angus, 31% Hereford and 19% Braham.

In researching Black Baldies on the internet, I have found that using the search term "Balck Baldy" generates more hits.

John":23yp29mf said:
> up a black baldie?

A Black Baldy is a hybrid cross and not a breed. In fact, it is an excellent cross. A typical Black Baldy will be black with a patch of white on the face. In Florida, a very good Black Baldy results from a cross between an Angus bull and a Braford cow. The Balck Baldy calves will be 50% Angus, 31% Hereford and 19% Braham.

In researching Black Baldies on the internet, I have found that using the search term "Balck Baldy" generates more hits.

Learn something new everyday

Brockle faced ones were ones that were not a baldy.

Hereford have a really good history for forage conversion. Simply converting grass to pounds. They have been around a long time. The baldy look gives buyers the knowledge that the animal has the traits in their bloodline. Brockled faced have less of that bloodline

Super baldies have always been top sellers at the sale barns around here.

I noticed that this thread was a dozen years old. Oooops! :D

backhoeboogie":1r035yvk said:
I noticed that this thread was a dozen years old. Oooops! :D
That should have been clearly evident.
Absolutely no mention of Blackfords or Black Herefords in all the old posts.