Black Baldie Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
I'm thinking of putting this bull
http://abs-bs.absglobal.com/beef/herefo ... o=29HH0838
On my Baldie Heifer that shows the most Hereford influence. I'm putting an Angus bull on the ones that look more Angus to me. I suppose I should look deeper at things like "milking" or other facets. I'm just not that experienced. I want to make some better Heifers Calves and think more of the same might do that. What do you think?

cloud9cattle":31rh23ou said:
If your in texas i would put a brahman bull back on them. Super baldies and they will sell well bulls or heifers!
Yea I might do that if they turn out to be good mommas. I've never seen a "poor" Super Baldy but I'm sure they make em. What's the typical temperament of a SB?

Just like anything else i believe you get what you put into them. We have a small herd we are establishing now and they are quite calm. Brahman cattle naturally are calm animals. Check out V8 ranch or any brahman program who culls their bulls on disposition and hopefully it will pass through the generations. You could also look at a brangus bull. You would recieve calves with a little more ear on the whie faced heifers youll proably end up with moltey face calves. Me personally in our part of the country the brahman would be he best route. And im located in temple just south of waco.

Latest posts