Bit the bullet and bought the truck

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score
Transmission went out on my old Nissan Titan, just wasnt't worth fixin. After shopping the market went ahead and bit the bullet and got a used 4X4 Tundra. Pretty darn pricey but still certified, under warranty, 4 star rating and great towing ability. Also built here in the Lone Star State. Out of my budget but talked the wife into splitting the payment with me. Just cant run cattle without a decent truck. After it was said and done went $9000 over plan but in my opinion you pay for what you get. 43000 miles will give me atleast 8 years with this baby. My last 1995 toyata only took oil, brakes and spark plugs up to 220,000 miles. That old truck sold me on Toyotas. Never should have sold it. Guys told me it was just getting good.

Still gotta get off road tires put on and a leveling kit for the front. It raises the front end 2-3 inches.

BK9954":5w7pp8j8 said:
Still gotta get off road tires put on and a leveling kit for the front. It raises the front end 2-3 inches.
]

I use to tighten torsion bars to get a few more inches of lift in the front.

Nice truck. Sounds like the salesman did a number on you. We don't have Tundra's here, mostly have Toyota Hiluxes with 4 cylinder diesel engines in them, very tough and handy truck though. I guess they build them to suit their markets.

Ken

wbvs58":311jhk3p said:
Nice truck. Sounds like the salesman did a number on you. We don't have Tundra's here, mostly have Toyota Hiluxes with 4 cylinder diesel engines in them, very tough and handy truck though. I guess they build them to suit their markets.

Ken
I shopped this truck pretty good, for the milage, 4X4, year and full size 5.7Ltr V8 motor, got a pretty sweet deal, this truck had just hit the lot.

BK9954":cf9fiv13 said:
wbvs58":cf9fiv13 said:

Ken
I shopped this truck pretty good, for the milage, 4X4, year and full size 5.7Ltr V8 motor, got a pretty sweet deal, this truck had just hit the lot.
Have several friends that have them. Never heard anything negative about them and they work them pretty hard.

Latest posts