birth weight

Help Support CattleToday:

The BW EPD's for Charolais cattle around here must be accurate because I know a fella that runs several hundred head of brood cows and has been using low birthweight/high growth Charolais bulls on his cows and heifers for over a decade and has never had much calvin' problems. I like run-on sentences (I hope my 9th grade English isnt readin' this post,LOL).

Yes, a lot of breeders think the only way they can get ahead is lie on stats, but MOST breeders are truthfull. If you lie on stats, you not only hurt your breed, you're hurting yourself because you have no true way of measuring your goals.
I have shown against many calves that were "mis-aged", but the next year when I show against them with my same yearlings, everyone involved knows the truth! You only hurt your self if you lie.
And if you're lieing to improve the stats on your bull, forget it unless it's just a herd bull. An AI bull would have to have a syndicate using the bull & all of them cheating, AND not selling semen outside the syndicate. And, yes, this is successful and done.
Dun, I like your grey, long nosed, long eared BS.

Latest posts