Biodiesel

Help Support CattleToday:

skyeagle

Reaction score
Just accumulated enough corn oil to make a batch. Should make about 30 gal' when done.
Any one else making there own. I' been at it for five years and mix at 20% with no trouble.

LIFE IS SHORT FLY FAST

I have been interested in it but have never tried. What is your cost per gallon? Don't know why but I thought most made it with soy oil not corn oil although I know either will work. There is even a very small processing place that makes it from used cooking oil, but it is not sold here. Don;t know where they sell it to.

I lost my recycle guy and have almost three 55 gal. barrels full of a combination of peanut oil and animal fats. I'd sure love to give them to someone just for picking them up and replacing the barrels. I'm about 45 miles NE of Dallas if you know anyone that can convert the fats and oil.

I converted oil into bio and used it at 100% for 2 years straight. Probably 2500 gallons worth. I haven't made any in a year, but I have 350 gallons of oil on hand to make a couple big batches. Most of the time I made 80 gallons at a time. If your on any of the biodiesel boards, me, dkenny, and biotom created a new form of acid esterfication to lower the titration level. Its been a while but I think the term was coined HTAE. It works great! Anyway, if you have any questions, let me know.m
Most of all be safe and don't forget to mix in a sealed system( no hand drills!)

I haven't. Mainly because of residual heavy metals causing extra wear in the newer closer tolerance engines

Latest posts