Biodiesel looking better!

Help Support CattleToday:

Hello all fellow ranchers. Yes I'm the farmer in West Kansas making fuel from sunflowers. All I can say is its working for me. There are allot of other oil seeds that also work,, but sunflowers and Kansas seem to go well together.

I have helped set up right at 250 fuel plants in the last 2 years. Some folks ding around with it and others turn it into another money maker for there operation running presses 24/7..

I do work with Walder MFg in Wis. as my contacts for selling presses.. They do not make presses but take new China presses and take them all apart and clean them up and re fit them to work out of the crate. I worked with another press suppl yer for 2 years that was just drop shipping them in the box without ever looking at them. Missing parts, and only about 50% worked at all out of the crate. Walder Mfg,, tests each press before going on to the press customer. I'm real happy to be working with them now as it allows me to feel allot better about supporting press sales.

My website I try to cover the most asked questions and if there is anything else I can offer to help,, just let me know. I do farm, ,and have a cow calf operation,, so some days I'm just not easy to catch. So do not give up on me.. I will get back with you. .

As for the livestock,, the meal is wonderful.. It runs right at 3.8 to 4% fat content,, and load with vitamins A,D.E.. Calving problems have almost stopped as the calf's are born with a layer of grease on them like you never saw before. I have not had 1 sick calf or cow since I started feeding the sf meal to them. It also looks like the fly pressure is lower now than before feeding the meal. And let me say,, when you take a load of 550 lb calf's to town all slicked up with sf meal,, the sale barn goes quiet when they run them into the sales ring.

Glad to meet you all, and like this site allot. Sodbust,, ( Daniel McAmoil) www.oilcrusher.5u.com

Latest posts