Biodiesel from chicken fat

Help Support CattleToday:

They can use anything from animal fats to any kind of crop oil to make biodiesel. However the industrial process of producing the biodiesel still requires some ethanol or methanol. The point is that yes they are using a waste product but this discovery won't lessen our use of corn to produce the fuel. Just as a side note biodiesel production is actually one of the most efficient fuel production processes producing 3 parts for every one part put into it.

i did an report over that article over this in my mangement class last week. i think its good for that because they get good use of that stuff without haveing to use a bunch of stuff that costest alot of money. but bad for the soybean growers like my dad because it will use less soybean oil. but its still good. i hope that guy makes millions off it.

Not only chickens, but I'm sure that they can use other animal fats like beef fat...and they could go to burning up all that grease from places like MacDonalds too...

I saw something the other day about making ethanol and it compared using corn and switchgrass of all things. Apparently switchgrass is a more efficient source than corn. Don't remember where I saw it. Did anyone else see this that could remind me so I could go back and read some more? Boone

IluvABbeef":1emds3t5 said:
Not only chickens, but I'm sure that they can use other animal fats like beef fat...and they could go to burning up all that grease from places like MacDonalds too...

With all these feral hogs running around, maybe we're on to something.

backhoeboogie":1dv0l7af said:
IluvABbeef":1dv0l7af said:

I'm with you backhoe. Seems like these wild pigs are takeing over. Might make a nice crop. Boil the fat off, then beat the rest with a hammer and sell it as CAB.

novatech":2rxay604 said:
backhoeboogie":2rxay604 said:
IluvABbeef":2rxay604 said:

I'm with you backhoe. Seems like these wild pigs are takeing over. Might make a nice crop. Boil the fat off, then beat the rest with a hammer and sell it as CAB.

You can't sell it as CAB. It is better eating. Folks will be able to tell the difference right off. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If corn stays over 4 bucks a bushel, won't be much fat on them chickens. :roll:

mnmtranching":12u2iqwc said:
If corn stays over 4 bucks a bushel, won't be much fat on them chickens. :roll:
If this summer is anything like last summer we can turn those chickens into my pasture they will fatten up on grasshoppers.

boone":1xkhp0z4 said:
I saw something the other day about making ethanol and it compared using corn and switchgrass of all things. Apparently switchgrass is a more efficient source than corn. Don't remember where I saw it. Did anyone else see this that could remind me so I could go back and read some more? Boone

Brazil produces thier ethonal from the left over residue from making sugar. I think they use the what is left of the cane after the juice is squeezed out. I noticed where some college somewhere had a grant to use syrup sorgham. Corn and grain will proable be used because it can be stored for a long time before use.

Latest posts