Billy Mays died

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
You know,that tv pitchman. He hit his head during a rough airplane landing,went to bed not feeling well and didn't wake up. He was 50. Sounds like what happened to Deniece Richards (I think that was who hit her head on the ski slopes and died next day.

john250":377e8wnm said:
I've hit my head hard several times and it ain't hurt me none, no ma'am.

Same here. Seems that the soft-headed people aren't having it too easy these days. :cowboy:

seems like people are dropping like flys.that messes his show up on discovery channel.

bigbull338":1bvmphtu said:
that messes his show up on discovery channel.

That's the first thing I thought, then I ralized he had a family. Now is not the time to be a 50 year old celebrity.

The biggest joke of a product that Billy Mays pitched was the Awesome Auger. Watch that sometime if you haven't already. Five hundred pound stumps being uprooted and slung to the side with only the use of one hand and a simple electric drill armed with the Awesome Auger attachment.

ga. prime":3d5bn79p said:
The biggest joke of a product that Billy Mays pitched was the Awesome Auger. Watch that sometime if you haven't already. Five hundred pound stumps being uprooted and slung to the side with only the use of one hand and a simple electric drill armed with the Awesome Auger attachment.

Hey....that thing worked....watch that infomerical again...those stumps are flyin'. And all you had to buy was the one auger and everything else was free. I bought 144 sets of Ginsu Knives off Ebay one time for about $50....sold about $200 of them and folks started bringing them back saying they broke, bent, wouldn't cut and everything else. Ended up trashing them...they all got rusty in the box. :cowboy:

I just saw that they think he had a heart attack. Still doing toxicology tests, but he had high blood pressure and heart disease. The autopsy showed no sign of head trauma.

I think he was what they used to call a "Type A personality." :)

Yes, on the TV show anyway, he was obnoxious, pushy, "in your face" type of guy.

It's always interesting that the things the TV hawkers promote "Not Available In Stores" means you get to buy junk sight unseen with a very difficult time to return item or get money back. Also, sell that stuff (made in 3rd world countries) on TV because NO legitimate retail store would dare put that junk on their shelves. P.T. Barnum...and you know the rest of the story...lol.

There are always gullible people out there that believe the hype and haven't a clue as to what the "real" price of an object would actually sell for retail.

No...a special knife WON'T cut pipe, bricks, or lumber.

:banana:

Running Arrow Bill":10v9niel said:

Say it ain't so...... I just lost my faith in television hucksters because of your comments. :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Running Arrow Bill":qub5sh62 said:
Yes, on the TV show anyway, he was obnoxious, pushy, "in your face" type of guy.

It's always interesting that the things the TV hawkers promote "Not Available In Stores" means you get to buy junk sight unseen with a very difficult time to return item or get money back. Also, sell that stuff (made in 3rd world countries) on TV because NO legitimate retail store would dare put that junk on their shelves. P.T. Barnum...and you know the rest of the story...lol.

There are always gullible people out there that believe the hype and haven't a clue as to what the "real" price of an object would actually sell for retail.

Bill...you remember the "Thigh Master" with Suzanne Sommers doing the add in the "tight tights" and that "thigh master" between her knees??? Well a friend of mine bought the patent for that product. Inventor promoted it as a multipurpose workout machine and it died on the vine. He bought it, hired Ms. Dumb Blonde Big Boobs and stuck it between her legs and had her make a few infomercials......long story made short... sold over 7 million of those things. Needless to say he is doing well. Has made a killing doing such things. Big money maker now is pet kennels and gun cases....Just goes to show you that it's all the marketing and promotion.

Running Arrow Bill":2o4jkdvf said:

My cousin is a friend of his family. Apparently he's somewhat quite in person and he and his wife have a very cute 3 year old daughter. I guess whoever you are, there's a story behind it.

Latest posts