Billfold Hunting

Help Support CattleToday:

Logan52

Reaction score
I spent much of yesterday afternoon searching for my billfold. Not much fun but the thought of replacing credit cards, social security card, health insurance card and driver's license is a great motivator.
Anyway, I bought diesel fuel and had it out at the counter. A friend tapped me on the back while I was paying and we got in a big conversation. I went home and immediately began bush-hogging a bottom down along the road. As I went in the house for dinner I reached back and noticed my billfold was gone. I went back to the store and went forward from there, No sign of it. My wife and I combed that bottom and no sign of it. I called the credit card company and had them cancel the card.
This morning she and I wormed sheep and vaccinated lambs. After finishing I went back to the bottom to the base of a steep bank where I have to gear down when mowing. There it lay in a depression beside a large swath of mowed grass. What a relief and feeling of thankfulness. Iwas afraid I might be getting Alsiemers since I had never lost a billfold before.
I was wearing some of those new stretch blue jeans you but at WalMart. They are sort of slick and loose in the pocket. I hate the things but my favorite old jeans are no longer available.
Remember to keep your mind on your billfold!

They make credit card-sized tracking devices that will fit in your wallet and you can track it from your phone. I got one when I accidentally picked mine up with a bunch of bags and threw it in the garbage. I spent a half day looking for it and finally found it.

Now if they would only make one for all of the tools I have left behind while repairing or building fence.🤷‍♂️

Glad you found it ! Lost mine a few years back . I had crawled over and under fences and gates at the farm . I looked everywhere ! I finally decided to cancel my 2 credit cards and started the process to get new driver's license. About a week later I looked over at the end table next to my recliner. There was a magazine laying on the table but it had a bump under it , not laying flat . Boy did I feel dumb . My wife gave me grief for months .

Glad you found it. That is a bad feeling.

I was looking for mine a couple days too. It drove me nuts because I always put my stuff in the same spot in my house. I knew there was no way I emptied the rest of my stuff and didn't realize my wallet wasn't there. After several trips from the house to the trucks I realized it was in my front pocket. 😒

Glad you found it. I'd been getting blue jeans at Rural King and they quit carrying the cheaper end kind I had been getting so been getting the carpenter type blue jeans instead. Got off the lawn mower yesterday and just happened to look down toward the seat and saw that my billfold had worked out of my pocket. So I'm going to have to be careful about that.

I knocked mine out of my pocket at the Home Depot parking lot. I realized as soon as I got home 10 minutes later. In a panic attack I drove back up there hoping for a honest person. It was still laying on the asphalt where I parked splayed open with credit cards laying around. Sometimes prayers work.

Almost never have mine on me. Keep a few bucks in folding money in my front pocket but leave my wallet in the truck unless I am going in to buy something big. To much traveling in country it would be easy to lose and impossible to find. Couldn't stand having that thing wedged in my britches or shirt all day anyway.

Did drive about 40 mi. one morning with it sitting on the back bumper of my truck til 2 guys flagged me down on the freeway running about 70. Got pretty lucky on that one!

I carry my wallet in a soft side cooler with a few bottles of water. Back pocket is reserved for a lightweight hamerless 38. Lost it mowing hay a few years ago. Found it the next morning while tedding the hay. The tedder put a few scratches on it.

I carry a fairly slim wallet. I couldn't carry it in my shirt pocket, my chest wouldn't allow it. I'm a broad and built little mofo. I can't use my front pockets because I carry two knives and a spare mag for my handgun. I use my back pocket. Back left, because my dip takes up the back right.

Latest posts