Bill of Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

A6gal

Reaction score
I will purchase 6 bred registered Beefmaster cows on Friday from a man who sold all his cattle and kept these back for me. I told him I'd need a Bill of Sale when I delivered the check on Friday and picked up the cows. He asked what information I needed on the Bill of Sale. I guess the obvious would be date, seller name and address, cattle description and cost. What are some other things that I might need on a Bill of Sale?

A6gal":3a97l9dw said:
I will purchase 6 bred registered Beefmaster cows on Friday from a man who sold all his cattle and kept these back for me. I told him I'd need a Bill of Sale when I delivered the check on Friday and picked up the cows. He asked what information I needed on the Bill of Sale. I guess the obvious would be date, seller name and address, cattle description and cost. What are some other things that I might need on a Bill of Sale?

Brands, ear tags, tattoo's - if they don't have tattoo's make sure he tattoo's them prior to sale. Also make sure they are brand-inspected and have the proper health papers (for your own peace of mind) - i.e. brucellosis-free, lepto-free, vibrio-free, etc. I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but I can't think of what it is.

if they are registered, a registration number is a must.

Aero":2agwu8wz said:
if they are registered, a registration number is a must.

If they are registered, the registration papers should be transferred at the breed association to reflect A6gal as the new owner (at his cost) and then delivered to her.

Latest posts