Bill Gates owns the most farm land

Help Support CattleToday:

A comment on the video (not mine)

Bill Gates is the single largest contributor to food insecurity on the planet.

Covid has been used to crush agriculture.

I am a mushroom grower, a small one.....I sold to pebble beach, Bernardus lodge...pretty much most of Monterey's best restaurants. The policies adopted by those "Covid people", of which Gates figures prominently, have put 99 percent of my customers out of business.

What's worse, the small guys are being finished off now as now I compete with people who produce 15k pounds per week. Those growers would never consider dealing with the small vendors, and hotels that "were" in my client base. Now I am in direct competition with monster producers, and I can't compete, except on quality and freshness, but the convenience and price have made the playing field skewed, and all my clients are leaving me.

Take me, and multiply that out over all of California, and you see the real damage coming......these small farms have no cushion, state subsidies, etc....they are all going out of business, as the largest producers try to stay afloat.

It's simply taking slack from supply, there is a glut, but it's short lived, as all the small people capitulate, selling everything for what ever anyone will pay. lower prices go to levels that are a slow bleed for the growers on the edge, as price will not support the businesses, even more failed farms. The next year, while the worst of the food issues in the macro picture comes to the fore, all the small players that would have picked up the slack, are gone.

What's worse, in California the regulations on food sold in corporate entities will make it impossible for the small farmers, after all this drain on the funds, spending extra to comply with needless regulations is tantamount to even more centralized ag. Most everyone seems content to participate is the worst famine the earth has seen.....the one coming!

I'd click "Like" but I don't really like what this small time producer is facing.

At least all those Democrat facists who implemented the lockdowns are starting to realize the harm they've done and we will begin to recover? Ah, who am I kidding, Mr. "Dark Winter" himself is about to be sworn in along with his nonsensical 100 days of masking which will probably also involve more idiotic lockdowns.

In the mid 80s I met a guy who was putting a lot of his investment funds into Canadian farm land. He thought it would be part of the corn belt when his kids inherited. He was waaay ahead on the climate change thing. Are you planting corn yet Silver?

I watched the Netflix documentary "Bill's Brain" recently. We have a lot in common. He just happens to have a better memory and more cash... I think part of this farm land play is to buy into areas with high rainfall, before the reservoirs dry up and we have to ship ship lettuce and pot to the west coast.

Could be that Bill Gates will advance agriclutural world wide. Also Curis Candy founder Otto Y. Schnering Also did for the development of artificial insemination for cattle that good chance advanced the cattle breeds like no one has since.

Why Bill Gates Is The Biggest Owner of Farmland (msn.com)

I would say the oil sands part of Canada's property is fixing to get a lot cheaper. Probably the Chinese will buy it at a steal and put it back in operations. Every time I buy gas now the price goes up and I expect it to get back to $4-$5 a gallon. At that price no doubt we will see the E15 fuel.

Last edited:
Could be that Bill Gates will advance agriclutural world wide. Also Curis Candy founder Otto Y. Schnering Also did for the development of artificial insemination for cattle that good chance advanced the cattle breeds like no one has since.

Why Bill Gates Is The Biggest Owner of Farmland (msn.com)

I never understand your side of things. The guy is the biggest investor in fake meat. The CEO of fake meat says they will end meat production as we know it.

And you throw unicorn crap at us.

The only thing that makes sense to me as to why Gates would load up on ag land is because he thinks its value will rise. A hedge against other assets experiencing a precipitous fall.

I would say the oil sands part of Canada's property is fixing to get a lot cheaper. Probably the Chinese will buy it at a steal and put it back in operations. Every time I buy gas now the price goes up and I expect it to get back to $4-$5 a gallon. At that price no doubt we will see the E15 fuel.
Seems to me the Chinese tried and Parliament said no.
Biden has said he will cancel the permits for the Keystone pipeline. This may be a good thing if we are smart enough to take advantage of it and process the stuff where it should be processed.