Bike Riding Has Changed a Little

Help Support CattleToday:

if there had of been something like that around here when I was a kid I would have done it. We did a lot of stupid stuff on flat ground.

I use a boy's bicycle at work to save me walk time on the big herds. I once had a grapefruit roll away from the feed bunk that I hit with my front tire and wound up with my head through a stanchion and two AI guns that I was holding in my teeth wrapped around the side of my face. I looked like the joker with the welts at the corner of my mouth for two weeks and chipped a few teeth when those tuning forks went off in my mouth. I think it's best if I stay away from anything more dangerous than riding down a sidewalk. :roll:

I once rode a 3 wheeler part way down a trail like that, BY ACCIDENT! I went part way (by accident) the 3 wheeler went all the way

Tomorrow I start I will be riding a mountain bike on logging roads scouting for elk (season opens Saturday). It gets spooky at times for me but it is child's play compared to that guy.

Yes bike riding has changed a whole lot in my lifetime. I rode a bike off a house roof and into a swimming pool. But the thought of doing a back flip on a bike never crossed my mind.

My brother does that stuff without the backflips. And yes he is nuts and can't even count the broken bones anymore. I don't know why he can even get insurance any more. He hit 45 got a divorce and went insane.

That was amazing, and even more amazing to think how well-worn that path was. It would be about all I could do is walk that path, maybe...

Latest posts