biggest ranch??

Help Support CattleToday:

It may be the king ranch, if not it is right up there with the biggest. :cboy:

the bigest ranch is the king ranch with close to 2.5 million acs owned by all of the family members i think it still has 1.5million acs under 1 fence tho this is not counting their other ranch holdings out of the country scott

TOP 25 COW/CALF OPERATIONS BASED ON NUMBER OF COWS

Deseret Cattle & Citrus, St. Cloud, Florida, 35,000
J. R. Simplot Company, Boise, Idaho, 27,500
King Ranch, Inc., Kingsville, Texas, 24,000
Parker Ranch, Kamuela, Hawaii, 21,500
Lykes Brothers, Inc., Brighton, Florida, 18,432
Briscoe Ranch, Inc., Uvalde, Texas, 16,500
Singleton Group, Beverley Hills, California, 15,500
Koch Beef Company, Wichita, Kansas, 15,000
W. T. Waggoner Estate, Vernon, Texas
Padlock Ranch Company, Ranchester, Wyoming, 13,000
Seminole Tribe of Florida, Inc., Big Cypress, Florida, 10,500
Cholla Livestock, Tolleson, Arizona, 10,300
True Ranches, Casper, Wyoming
TIE: Ellison Ranch & Company, Tuscarora, Nevada, and Adams Ranch, Inc., Fort Pierce, Florida, 9,500

R ^ 5":2mkly5ti said:
The Parker Ranch in Hawai is larger than the King Ranch.

From the rugged volcanic range of Mauna Kea through lush green pastures rides the paniolo, the Hawaiian cowboy of Parker Ranch. His realm is over 175,000 tropical acres on the Big Island of Hawaii, on the spread of one of the largest ranches in the United States.

Founded in 1853 by Captain Richard King, King Ranch sprawls across 825,000 acres of South Texas with land that varies from fertile black farmland to low-lying coastal marshes to mesquite infested pastures that mark the beginning of the great Texas brush country. Covering almost 1,300 square miles, it is larger than the entire state of Rhode Island.

Deseret Ranch is the largest cow-calf operation in the U.S., with 44,000 head of cattle on 300,000 acres. Seen on a map of Florida, the sprawling ranch dwarfs neighboring metro Orlando, stretching 50 miles long and 30 miles wide over parts of three counties: Orange, Osceola and Brevard. Its northwestern tip is 10 miles from Orlando International Airport. Its southeastern tip stretches almost to Palm Bay.

So by acres the King Ranch is the largest.

The largest landholder in the US is the Federal Govt. The largest private landholder I think is Ted Turner.

ollie":1hi31m9q said:
TOP 25 COW/CALF OPERATIONS BASED ON NUMBER OF COWS

Deseret Cattle & Citrus, St. Cloud, Florida, 35,000
J. R. Simplot Company, Boise, Idaho, 27,500
King Ranch, Inc., Kingsville, Texas, 24,000
Parker Ranch, Kamuela, Hawaii, 21,500
Lykes Brothers, Inc., Brighton, Florida, 18,432
Briscoe Ranch, Inc., Uvalde, Texas, 16,500
Singleton Group, Beverley Hills, California, 15,500
Koch Beef Company, Wichita, Kansas, 15,000
W. T. Waggoner Estate, Vernon, Texas
Padlock Ranch Company, Ranchester, Wyoming, 13,000
Seminole Tribe of Florida, Inc., Big Cypress, Florida, 10,500
Cholla Livestock, Tolleson, Arizona, 10,300
True Ranches, Casper, Wyoming
TIE: Ellison Ranch & Company, Tuscarora, Nevada, and Adams Ranch, Inc., Fort Pierce, Florida, 9,500

Just curious Ollie. Where did you find these figures? On the web? I would like to check them out. I have a question I have heard that King Ranch had 60,000 head? If so, was this just on the home ranch in Texas or spread throughout the world?

I didnt know that there were any ranches in Beverly Hills! Are some of these Feedlots?If so I dont think Feedlots should count in the top 25, they do not produce cattle they only finish them.

I found the website you must have gotten the information from. Very Interesting.Are there two Beverly Hills or does Beverly Hills have a country part outside the city?

CopeMan":1dlggwzb said:
I found the website you must have gotten the information from. Very Interesting.Are there two Beverly Hills or does Beverly Hills have a country part outside the city?
Sorry, I havn't been watching the thread. I just googled and found the info. I thought the Deseret was the largest commercial cow calf producer. I would say Beverly Hills is the office. They keep most of the cattle over on the east coast on Broadway.

Latest posts