Biggest Loser at work

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt":2zkoq5aw said:
I quit smoking about 7 weeks ago and managed to gain 10 or 15 lbs. Anyhow, I'm weighing in at 287lbs now. I don't feel comfortable in my own body anymore so I started a diet this morning. Last night at the store was the first time I ever really looked at labels trying to find something healthy. Normally I would just look at labels to be amazed at what I was eating. Ever looked at nutritional labels of spam or vienna sausages? I plan on lowering my carb intake. No more bread, potatoes, sodas, beer, sweets, rice, beans, or energy drinks. I'm also going to cut out pork and hamburger. I'm not even sure if this will be enough to allow me to lose weight. I'm hoping to get down to 235lbs. From there I'll asses wether I need to lose more weight or not. I'd like to start walking in the mornings before work but I don't know if I'll be able to squeeze that in with the kids schedule and all. I'm sorry for being so long winded but I thought it would help me stick to a diet if I shared it with a bunch of people who tend to be brutally honest.

Walt

Walt, cutting down on carbs helped me lose about 25 pounds, altho I'm now at that dreaded plateau.

Try to get under 50 carb grams a day since you are a man. I try to keep at about 35 carb grams. Buy low cal bread...2 slices is like 19 grams, I think. I eat a half slice every night at supper just so I don't get to feeling deprived. Also, use that fake squirt on butter. I use it to cook with...makes things taste and seem more moist and flavorful.

As to the beer...I drink Miller Lite...3 1/2 carb grams, I think.

Pork skins have NO carbs! And a really good snack is peanuts...

Read lables...you'll be surprised how quick you can learn the counts and not have to look anymore. And remember, meat has NO carbs.

Stay away from fruit and fruit drinks. And don't drink sodas, even the no cal, sugar free sodas. I drink the diet citrus flavored green tea...and I really enjoy it.

Alice

My husband was the pork skin man! He ate bags of them when he was on Adkins. He lost a ton of weight. He's gained it all back, though, because he started backsliding. He liked the spicy ones best.

Ranch dressing is good. Also, apples and peanut butter if you are trying to cut the carbs is good. I don't eat it because of the fat. What made Steve lose weight made me gain it.

I eat like a horse. It drives the fat folks at work completely nuts. They refer to my lunch as the "Michael Phelps" lunch??????? 3 lbs under weight and probably always will be.

I for 1 am going to lose the holiday blubber. :nod: Actually the scale has been kind to me the last week. :welcome:

I just went to the fridge for a big bowl of ice cream with plenty chocolate over it.
I'll think about ya'll while i'm eating it. :lol: :lol:

Cal

Calman":3q2f386r said:
I just went to the fridge for a big bowl of ice cream with plenty chocolate over it.

Cal
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Alice

Lammie":37l04au8 said:
Thanks, Msscamp. I did pretty good this weekend. I didn't eat any junk at all. I was on the treadmill this weekend.

Eating lots of stuff with high fiber content, fresh fruit and steamed veggies, yogurt and whole grained cereals and skim milk. I felt lousy this weekend so that helped with the appetite. I am also feeling better today. If nothing else, I will have, hopefully, better eating habits. No sodas, either. I have stopped those entirely for sugar free drink mixes, flavored water, no fruit juices. I've been doing that for a while. I appreciate the support.

You're welcome. :) Good for you! :clap: :clap: :clap: Yes, I can see where feeling lousy would help with sticking to a diet, but you can accomplish this even without feeling lousy! I am glad you're feeling better, though. You go girl, good job! :clap:

go to the Dr. tomorrow and I have been watching what I eat the last few weeks I know I need to lose 50lbs been having some problems lately and getting the shakes and rapid heart rate so time for a check up been 10 yrs
I would like to get back to 260-275 lbs that is where I feel the best have only been under 210 once since I was 15 and that was because of working 7 days a week 12 hrs a day and was burning it off

I am 6'4" so being at 260 or so I am pretty satisfied with that weight

wish me luck

Calman":f6rmknz4 said:

Cal
That didn't seem to satisfy my hunger so I added a big bowel of peach cobbler with whipped cream on it and a glass of whole milk. :lol: :lol:

Cal

Calman":1ujmunw7 said:
Calman":1ujmunw7 said:

Cal
That didn't seem to satisfy my hunger so I added a big bowel of peach cobbler with whipped cream on it and a glass of whole milk. :lol: :lol:

Cal

I hope you get constipated!

Just kidding, I think... If you do, though, do me a favor and dont tell us about it!

Calman":2qup6f4d said:

Cal

I'll get a bigger bowl just to get even with ya! :D

Alice":33kb3g85 said:
Txwalt":33kb3g85 said:
I quit smoking about 7 weeks ago and managed to gain 10 or 15 lbs. Anyhow, I'm weighing in at 287lbs now. I don't feel comfortable in my own body anymore so I started a diet this morning. Last night at the store was the first time I ever really looked at labels trying to find something healthy. Normally I would just look at labels to be amazed at what I was eating. Ever looked at nutritional labels of spam or vienna sausages? I plan on lowering my carb intake. No more bread, potatoes, sodas, beer, sweets, rice, beans, or energy drinks. I'm also going to cut out pork and hamburger. I'm not even sure if this will be enough to allow me to lose weight. I'm hoping to get down to 235lbs. From there I'll asses wether I need to lose more weight or not. I'd like to start walking in the mornings before work but I don't know if I'll be able to squeeze that in with the kids schedule and all. I'm sorry for being so long winded but I thought it would help me stick to a diet if I shared it with a bunch of people who tend to be brutally honest.

Walt

Walt, cutting down on carbs helped me lose about 25 pounds, altho I'm now at that dreaded plateau.

Try to get under 50 carb grams a day since you are a man. I try to keep at about 35 carb grams. Buy low cal bread...2 slices is like 19 grams, I think. I eat a half slice every night at supper just so I don't get to feeling deprived. Also, use that fake squirt on butter. I use it to cook with...makes things taste and seem more moist and flavorful.

Read lables...you'll be surprised how quick you can learn the counts and not have to look anymore. And remember, meat has NO carbs.

Stay away from fruit and fruit drinks. And don't drink sodas, even the no cal, sugar free sodas. I drink the diet citrus flavored green tea...and I really enjoy it.

Alice

Thanks for the advice. I"ve already commited most of it to memory. I'm not sure I want to switch to Miller light though. ;-) Learning a lot of new things.

Walt

backhoeboogie":3c3xcrpe said:
Calman":3c3xcrpe said:

Cal

I'll get a bigger bowl just to get even with ya! :D

Aint fair,I'm telling.

Alice":1ks91w0x said:
Txwalt":1ks91w0x said:

Walt

Alice

Excellent advice, Alice!! A person just has to filter through atkins.com to kinda see what's going on. I learned that if exercise were employed with the lo-carb deal, then you could alter the atkins program considerably and not have to take such an initial low carb hit.
Your also right about the sodas - regular and diet. Bad news if too many are consumed. I used to be a Bud Light fan - went to Miller Light. Get it cold enough and you can adapt to it. And, it's cheaper!

All ya'll gotta do is just call jenny. It works,see it on tv every 15 min or so.

Have you called Jenny yet?

Cal

Calman":14j7f8wo said:
All ya'll gotta do is just call jenny. It works,see it on tv every 15 min or so.

Cal

Cal, have you looked at that crap? My co-workers went in on some Jenny stuff one year and it is nasty! I know someone who acutally got sick from eating it. She got all pasty and pale and sick and when she went to the doctor he told her that she had to start eating actual food and not sawdust. And it is expensive. And of course Marie Osmond can lose forty pounds! She can afford that stuff, she's getting paid for it, (pay me enough and I'll lose forty pounds!), and she's rich, so she can afford her own gym and personal trainer. And what else does she have to do? It was her JOB to lose weight. Make that my full time occupation and I can take it off in no time.

Those commercials are so unrealistic. Like the Bow Flex commercials. They had a guy on there with his great new body, and I saw that same guy on the another channel, he'd had all this surgery, liposuction, skin removal, all that. Anyone would look good!

It's hard to find realistic role models for weight loss. I feel sorry for someone who is really heavy and wants to lose weight based on what they see on television. It's a setup, bound for failure.

Lammie":18iwnui5 said:
Calman":18iwnui5 said:

Cal

Cal, have you looked at that crap? My co-workers went in on some Jenny stuff one year and it is nasty! I know someone who acutally got sick from eating it. She got all pasty and pale and sick and when she went to the doctor he told her that she had to start eating actual food and not sawdust. And it is expensive. And of course Marie Osmond can lose forty pounds! She can afford that stuff, she's getting paid for it, (pay me enough and I'll lose forty pounds!), and she's rich, so she can afford her own gym and personal trainer. And what else does she have to do? It was her JOB to lose weight. Make that my full time occupation and I can take it off in no time.

Those commercials are so unrealistic. Like the Bow Flex commercials. They had a guy on there with his great new body, and I saw that same guy on the another channel, he'd had all this surgery, liposuction, skin removal, all that. Anyone would look good!

It's hard to find realistic role models for weight loss. I feel sorry for someone who is really heavy and wants to lose weight based on what they see on television. It's a setup, bound for failure.

Lammie,actually Marie lost all that weight while Dancing with the stars. My wife watched this program for quite a while and when she had her final dance, and was intervewed she said the good part about it was she lost 40lbs.

On a second thought partying and dancing might the answer.

Cal

126.4, down from 128.6 last week. Of course, I started at 127.4, so I am a pound down from square one. I'll take it.

I don't know if it was said yet, but avoid caffeine. Caffeine makes you hungry.

Good Job/Luck

Latest posts