• 1301-1500

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • 1501-1700

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • 1701+

Votes: 26 34.7%

• Total voters
Doc
I don't know if many of us are bragging about these big cows, but many of us still have some big cows. The cow I mentioned is no longer on our place, but we do have some cows that are larger than we like. It takes time and is an ongoing project to reach many of our goals. You often don't get the final product after just one breeding. We'll get there and maybe one day you'll approve. Actually, probably not, they'll have too much ear for you. :lol:

Bud
I don't know if I would recommend the Hustler line myself. I haven't had a whole lot of luck with it. We had the cow I mentioned earlier and I had a bull calf I raised out of Hammer and another JB Hunt cow I had, JB Hunt 210 or 910, I don't remember. I think you had a cow with her as her Grand dam once ( could be wrong). Didn't keep him but 1 season. An old bull I would like to infuse a couple of times possibly would be Big Ben. If I remember correctly, he was a moderate bull for his time. I don't know a whole lot about him other than looking at his picture in magazines as a kid and I liked him then, or maybe it was the blonde in the black dress who was showing him off. I have seen some Ben Hur cows in sales from time to time but none that worked out for me to go to. I don't know where you would find semen out of him.

Dan Wendt may be able to help on semen on Ben Hur. I can't remember what sale I went to last year, but there were a few that had his line that were pretty decent, but I just didn't have the funds to purchase them all. I think those calves were from the polled Ben Hur 5319 that was out at 2M in the Carolinas for a while. I know the Hustler line isn't the best. I had thought it would be, then when that heifer didn't breed, that was it for me. I'd like to get some Cherokee breeding brought in to our operation. If those cattle could thrive in that part of Colorado, they should do excellent in eastern Missouri.

Most people have no idea what their cattle way. It is one reason some say wormers don't work for them. hard for the product to work if you dose for 1200 lbs and they weigh 1475. I personally think scales are one of the most important management tools that you can have.

Jeff

I don;t know what her FS is, she's 49 inches now, 9/25 she weighed 1500. Coming 3 year old, pretty typical width
lisa-1.jpg

Latest posts