BIGGER than Hogzilla! Found in Alabama

Help Support CattleToday:

I ain't no forensic photo analyst but aren't the pose pictures a little odd? The fellows appear to be set way back so as to make the hawg seem much larger. The picture on the back of the truck is not set up that way and it looks about half the size...but still a lot of bacon! OK, I'll shut up now.

I really enjoy hunting hogs. We have them here in Tennessee but they reside in the mountains and are very hard to find, much less stalk and kill. I have been sucessful a few times (archery hunts) and my biggest was just shy of 300 pounds. The others were in the 234 240 range. The area that I hunt is public land but it is very remote and rugged. Hogs like the creek bottoms during the day and feed up the mountains in the evening / night. Getting a crack at one of these is very togh with a bow......seeing one at any time is tough as they hole up in the thick stuff. There is not much agriculture going on in them thar hills so there are not many complaints about crop damage. They are fun but it is hard to hunt them like deer.

Latest posts