Bigger and better

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Dump trailer with the sides I loaded bread 2.5 hours and it didn't get full I have 27 -55 gal drums full of bread

[uarl=https://postimg.cc/image/c3nujgv4n/]
IMG_20180523_194325098.jpg
[/url]

Pic below is 1/3 of what was in the trailer

I did that some too when I had some pigs. By the time you take the plastic off, weigh it and calculate the dry matter you really don't have much. Should make a good treat though.

shaz":xrp0fj9j said:
I did that some too when I had some pigs. By the time you take the plastic off, weigh it and calculate the dry matter you really don't have much. Should make a good treat though.

This is just 1 of 4 things the pigs get... The grains the main ingredient for all my animals. I have a waste removal contract with a produce company as well as get reject milk from a milk company of course brewers grain the ddg from the ethanol plant when there running is something else they get. 20 bucks is what the bread cost me how could I go wrong ?

I used to get tortillas from a place for my pigs and a lot of them were still good to eat but the whole grain molded quicker it seemed.

Jogeephus":2dy7rwwq said:
I used to get tortillas from a place for my pigs and a lot of them were still good to eat but the whole grain molded quicker it seemed.

what ive found in my years of fooling with bread is wonderbread goes bad first before anything else.. Natures own bread has poor packaging plastic.. I get snacks and bread and about half of what was loaded on that trailer was ok for shelves till beginning of june and the snacks and pies...I got a trash can full of snacks. I did take some for myself of course and my son decided his pay was going to be some snacks for him and his sister I haven't bought bread in a LONG TIME... I even supply the neighbors with bread

If you keep it long enough, in those barrels, you will find that bread has a liquid state.
(it will not smell good at all)

Used to do the same thing with a vending company , anything the drivers brought back , sandwiches ,milk hohos etc. went in my can, had some happy fat pigs .

snoopdog":60t555md said:
Used to do the same thing with a vending company , anything the drivers brought back , sandwiches ,milk hohos etc. went in my can, had some happy fat pigs .

They definitely like all that

My father got a bunch of surplus watermelons once that we fed to hogs and chickens. We had probably hundreds stacked up along a fence. I'd forgotten about it until just now; it had to have been well over 40 years ago.

He also got some milk from a couple of local dairies that they couldn't sell. He'd store it in barrels, and of course it would sour. I time or two I forgot to put the lid back on it and a chicken would fly up onto the edge of the barrel, look at the clabber on top, think she could walk out on it, and she'd fall in and go to flapping and squawking. If I happened to be home I'd have to rush out there and get her out. There's no way to get a live chicken out of a barrel of sour milk and stay clean.

Rafter S":2vcwr1f9 said:
My father got a bunch of surplus watermelons once that we fed to hogs and chickens. We had probably hundreds stacked up along a fence. I'd forgotten about it until just now; it had to have been well over 40 years ago.

He also got some milk from a couple of local dairies that they couldn't sell. He'd store it in barrels, and of course it would sour. I time or two I forgot to put the lid back on it and a chicken would fly up onto the edge of the barrel, look at the clabber on top, think she could walk out on it, and she'd fall in and go to flapping and squawking. If I happened to be home I'd have to rush out there and get her out. There's no way to get a live chicken out of a barrel of sour milk and stay clean.

lol thats a funny story yea i feed waste produce to them as well.

When I trot lined, we gave all the trash fish to an old timer with hogs. Alligator gar, turtles, sucker fish etc.

Latest posts