big WIDE brim hats

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Where can I get a hat with big/wide enough brim so I don't always have to put sun protection on my neck/face?

Dave Wolf's shop in Spokane WA....he'll even custom make you one if you need it. I wear a size eight and he carries a good selection. Folks from all over the Northwest trade with him.
I have no interest in the business other than buying my hats from him for a few years now.
Wolf's Hattery and Mercantile
2617 W. Northwest Blvd.
Spokane, WA 99205
509-327-7159
DMc

Beefy":2rvkkc12 said:
surely they have mexican restuarants there dont they?

Yes, one of those red velvet sombreros with the embroidery. Just the thing for working cattle! :shock: Or one of those great big ginormous straw ones. You can sit little taco bell dogs around the brim. Keeps the wind from blowing it off.

Van found one that works very well at, horror of horrors...Tractor Supply! :shock:

Alice

Go hang out at TSC and wait until you see some dude drive in with a big four wheel drive diesel pulling an aluminum trailer with the side painted such and such ranch. Now when the guy gets out of the truck if he has a belt buckle the size of a hubcap, stop and ask him. This guy will be an authority on where to get all your supplies to look like a cowboy. :cowboy:

Caustic Burno":147rc1dd said:
Go hang out at TSC and wait until you see some dude drive in with a big four wheel drive diesel pulling an aluminum trailer with the side painted such and such ranch. Now when the guy gets out of the truck if he has a belt buckle the size of a hubcap, stop and ask him. This guy will be an authority on where to get all your supplies to look like a cowboy. :cowboy:

The first time my dad met my husband, first words out of his mouht was, "That's a pretty big hat you got there." I think that says it all.

Caustic Burno":1hlh45t9 said:
wait until you see some dude drive in with a big four wheel drive diesel

Need to make sure the truck is painted up like an Easter egg too.

For my part, wide brimmed hats are about as practical as using a pocket knife is for cutting pulp wood. I've worn them and they get in the way when going through thick underbrush hunting newborns, when digging postholes, when the wind blows, when trying to work cattle, when doing mechanic work on a truck or tractor.....give me a well worn Auburn ball cap for general farm work. Besides, that Orange and Blue sets off the captivating blue of my eyes. 8)

Ball caps are great! Except when you're out mowing. That's when that wide brim makes a huge difference. Oh, and when you're out fishing, also. :D

Alice

Find someone in your area to make you a hat to your specifications. Standard Hat Works in Waco made this 5" brim hat for me.

dandy3.JPG

Caustic Burno":1wyhaq0w said:

Another qualifier: he and his rig must be squeaky clean. No mud or cow crap on anything ( including the trailer's interior). No tangled hay string, rusty baling wire, bent t-posts, empty feed sacks or rotella jugs, etc. rolling around in the bed of the truck.

Texas Gal":3p1a3tj9 said:
Caustic Burno":3p1a3tj9 said:

Another qualifier: he and his rig must be squeaky clean. No mud or cow crap on anything ( including the trailer's interior). No tangled hay string, rusty baling wire, bent t-posts, empty feed sacks or rotella jugs, etc. rolling around in the bed of the truck.

Crud! The bed of my truck just disqualified me! :eek:

when i work in the hay fields all day ,, i go to the just a dollar store and buy several straw hats for a buck a piece, i cut a hole in the back for my pony tail to go through and thread a tie string to go under my chin, and im ready, i put water on em when it gets to hot, they look like a dandy by the time im through with one, but i got my money out of them....lol
othen than then i dont wear no hats.

samm":3f11eode said:
when i work in the hay fields all day ,, i go to the just a dollar store and buy several straw hats for a buck a piece, i cut a hole in the back for my pony tail to go through and thread a tie string to go under my chin, and im ready, i put water on em when it gets to hot, they look like a dandy by the time im through with one, but i got my money out of them....lol
othen than then i dont wear no hats.

Got a pic?