Big Ranches

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":6puac5tf said:
Thanks--I'll have to look at it later,but do enjoy reading about 'em.

The 6's are a big outfit and pretty much make up the entire town of Guthrie, the only store and fuel is at the 6666 supply house.
In 2011 I bought a place 15 miles from there and lived there for about a year, that's when they started shipping cattle due to the drought.
The drought has let up some and their improved pastures really look good, makes easy to see that is pays to grub mesquite and sow grass

cross_7":1eme6oaj said:
greybeard":1eme6oaj said:
Thanks--I'll have to look at it later,but do enjoy reading about 'em.

The 6's are a big outfit and pretty much make up the entire town of Guthrie, the only store and fuel is at the 6666 supply house.
In 2011 I bought a place 15 miles from there and lived there for about a year, that's when they started shipping cattle due to the drought.
The drought has let up some and their improved pastures really look good, makes easy to see that is pays to grub mesquite and sow grass
I just finished reading the 6666 article and the one about Russia and remembered you posting that there was hardly a cow on the 6666 a year or 2 ago.

(took me a while to figure out how to navigate that magazine---some great pictures in it too)
thanks again.

Latest posts