Big Ol' Storm

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Came through here this morning. Rain, hail, tornado siren went off. Had to hustle the kids to the main building as we are in a portable and I didn't think it was good to stay in there. Winds blew something fierce. I'll have to get home to see how much rain we got out of it, but it must have been two or three inches. Quite the storm. Glad it's over. Got so dark the lights came on in the parking lot.

Anyone else get rough weather?

Got more rain than I had originally thought. Must have been more than three inches judging from all the standing water around here. It's all blown over now but I haven't checked the radar in a while because our server was down. Rain in sheets. Sideways rain. Rain that hurts.

the rain hitt us here about 130.an my bro decides to go check the cows in the pouring rain.our rain gauge is broke so dont know how much rain we are getting.

had it last fri. afternoon hail as big as softballs in some areas sons truck got some dings from golfball size...tornados hit several communities and wind damage all over..... i like spring but in tornado alley it can come in like a lion

We got two "waves" down here.. one about 10:00 this morning that brought some winds for a few minutes, then LOTS of rain.. whohoo! The second line came in about 6:00 this evening.. I'm going to guess another inch on top of the 1 1/2 we got this morning. Water standing and running into the tanks! It's a good time to be in central Texas!

We got 7 inches yesterday. Wind blew a Blockbuster sign on top of a truck across the street. A portable building on display at lows blew out onto the hi-way. The roof blew off Hartz Chicken. A few trees came down on houses. The good news is that the stock tanks are finally full, and I only lost the bottom wire on the creekside fence.

Sorry y'all have to take 7 - 10 inches so I can get 2-3 inches. :p We finally caught a little stock water, about 4 feet or so. Back to January levels. Maybe pastures can get some growth going now.

nearly every bridge/crossing was completly washed out...we actually where running out of ways to reach our other place to chech the cows...they very last way we tried the crossings held and we where able to check on things and we even found a deer shed while we where out there....
(in this pic we only had to go over the next hill and we would have made it(about 200yrds.))
WATER182.jpg

WATER162.jpg

WATER163.jpg

WATER164.jpg

My son was coming back from a meeting and got stuck on 27 between Lubbock ande Amarillo and had to spend the night at a motel. The hiway was underwater.

Rained all day Friday with hard rain in waves. Don't know how much because it was comin' in sideways and not too much got in the gage.

Went to bed around 10 pm and was woke up at 2:30 am with really hard rain. By 6:00 I had 2" in the gage and by 10:00 I had 4 inches. I left around noon and it was still comin' down really hard.

I don't know the total yet but I definitly got water in the tanks (stock ponds for those non-Texans). This sure is going to make things a little easier 'cause I've had to haul water for about three months now. Sure is good to see a little green instead of dirt brown.

Thank you, Lord.

Latest posts