Big meat getting bigger

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
China's WH Group, which already acquired Smithfield Foods, plans to buy up U.S. beef and poultry assets (including slaughterhouses and processing plants), too.

Last year, the U.S. had only 808 federally inspected livestock slaughterhouses, down more than a third from in 1990. More foreign acquisitions will only make a bad situation worse.

http://news.mikecallicrate.com/reuters- ... nd-europe/

I think the best thing the states could do is to take back their right to inspect meats which will not leave the state. Why they don't do this is beyond me. We have state's who violate federal drug laws but when it comes to exercising the state's RIGHT to control what is sold inside its boundaries they won't do it. This would be a boom for all in agriculture. Its about time we shed ourselves of these monopolies.

T
Y
S
O
N

Is the reason Arkansas has no state inspection. I suspect they and other mega meats hold sway in other states too.

I agree. Removing some of these obstacles would do so much for our economy and would provide jobs for skilled labor rather than unskilled labor. Not to mention the good it would do for the producer.

Latest posts