Big lightning strike

Help Support CattleToday:

I would hate it too if i had all those pines in my yard. Your cows ok?

So far we good. Almost past us now. Those trees direct lightening to your house. Its raining now and i dont want to have to get out in this weather to come put your house out.

shaneb":2bvrsbei said:
So far we good. Almost past us now. Those trees direct lightening to your house. Its raining now and i dont want to have to get out in this weather to come put your house out.

I'd rather have it hit a tree than my house. The closest one is 30 feet away the rest are over 100 feet away. You have a bull's eye on your place sitting out in the middle of that peanut field.

What a relief, all cows accounted for this morning. I get a lot of lightning in a year and I guess I sort of get use to it but that strike last night looked like it hit right in middle of the field where my cows were. It must of hit in the timber just across the field.

I hate lighting too! Had a bad storm here years ago. Both kids were crowded on my lap and my dog was trying to get up there too! We would hear a whistle see a quick flash and the boom together.
We have a lighting hot spot out in our summer pasture. We have noticed when a storm comes in the cows leave that area.

Latest posts