Big heifer bull!

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
I think this might be this ol' boy's last year to run with the heifers. Haven't weighed him but I'm guessing close to ton. These heifers are 850- 1000# what you all think?

If he's light on a cow, I don't see a problem? If he's not, like my old bull, might find another for heifers and smaller cows. Dad had a bull that would have went 2500 easy enough, that he said they never stepped out of their tracks. He held all his own weight practically, no problem on smaller cattle.

Sounds like he's both "a big bull that's safe for heifers" and "a bull that's good to use on big heifers".

I hope you get a good price for selling him!

Ah. Quite the difference there between the two, WC. I didn't catch the potential difference at first. A guy could go by a description, and read it how he wants, although he may be surprised later.

Not a big deal unless you actually see a problem. There are plenty of big bulls doing the same work.

I agree with an above post. If he can't carry his weight properly and is causing problems breeding heifers, he may cause problems with cows or to himself long term and I would probably bounce him while you can get a good price for him.

What kind of bull is that?

talltimber":1tga92sh said:
Ah. Quite the difference there between the two, WC. I didn't catch the potential difference at first. A guy could go by a description, and read it how he wants, although he may be surprised later.

It's time to eat grandma.

It's time to eat, grandma.

Brute 23":2xfcf6c0 said:
Not a big deal unless you actually see a problem. There are plenty of big bulls doing the same work.

I agree with an above post. If he can't carry his weight properly and is causing problems breeding heifers, he may cause problems with cows or to himself long term and I would probably bounce him while you can get a good price for him.

What kind of bull is that?
He's 50/50 Balancer sired by Connealy Confidence 0100. B&G